BNP stirs the pot

Britain Far Right

I just stole this pic from Letters from a Tory

It was right to invite the BNP’s Nick Griffin onto the show.  It is about debate and everyone got in and had a say.  Surely that’s better than censorship.  Not only that but it blew the lid of the complacency in politics and the changing of the guard next year.  It brought fundamental questions into play and it was a chance to get the British people’s minds open and thinking seriously about issues.

It’s the only possible way to get real change for the good – to have people angry and demanding it.  Every pent up Brit who is thoroughly p—ed off by the last 12 years can now have an outlet for his anger.

It’s healthy to have let him on the show.

Letters from a Tory sums it up nicely.  I really like this from Jailhouse Lawyer as well:

The LibDems picked a light weight, Chris Who?, to represent them. The Tories chose their token Paki whom they made a baroness because she failed to get selected to become an MP, Sayeeda Warsi. Labour went for the war criminal and law breaker Minister of Justice, Jack Straw.

The BBC stuck with the regular presenter David Dimbleby, who appeared to have lost his moral compass on the way to the BBC studio. The BNP chose their one-eyed monster, Nick Griffin MEP, and he handled being the victim very well.

The British Museum sent one of its exhibits, Bonnie Greer, and apart from Dimbleby she was the only non-politician on the panel.

Devonshire Dumpling:

There’s only one aspect that I admire about this repugnant horrible little man. He did at least have the balls to appear on a live debate whereas our esteemed unelected PM Comrade Brown refuses to ever answer any direct questions and is still reluctant to appear on live TV together with his Tory and Lib counterparts with/without a carefully selected audience.

16 comments for “BNP stirs the pot

1. October 23, 2009 at 10:16

Did you actually watch it James?

2. October 23, 2009 at 11:47

A cursory perusal of the comments in the major papers today and it looks like it doesn’t matter what Griffn says. Most comments suggest he was ganged up on and made valid points. He looked the victim. Dangerous game the BBC played though the right thing to do I am not sure they did a great job at all. Do you know what angered me most and consider a lot of what I always thought were lies about the Left in this country? The issue of race and indigenous peoples. Although I disagreed with most of what Nick Griffin had to say, I thought it was absurd that the entire panel and studio audience could not accept that indigenous and “white” aren’t synonymous. With the EU immigration policies we have an influx of white immigrants that many would agree aren’t indigenous. Jack Straw was good at question dodging. He didn’t mind attacking the BNP, but once the focus was on Labour’s faults, it was back with the vague crap we’re used to him giving. I also had no idea his father was a traitor and appeaser. Revolting man. As for Warsi she lied on camera about her view of civil unions. She actively opposed them with her own constituents and then lied when in a face off with Griffin. I though the whole panel odious. I wont be voting at all next year.

3. October 23, 2009 at 11:48

His comments on Islam though? I cheered.

4. October 23, 2009 at 12:01

Wolfie – I do take your point – really. Griffin – obnoxious. But it’s whether he should have been allowed to alienate most of Britain in one fell swoop or whether the government should have protected us children from seeing it and kept it bubbling plus lending credence to their complaint.

Alison – [and I’ll answer Wolfie here – no I didn’t see it – no television] – nice to get that summation. Thought it might have been like that. While Griffin is obnoxious, it also showed the others as equally obnoxious and this is what they’ve been hiding for a few years now – that they themselves are appalling.

Look, it stirred things up and stopped false assumptions that the others are good, rational people.

5. October 23, 2009 at 12:46

I didn’t see it but I was convinced by the comments I’ve read that the poor chap was ganged upon by a bunch of incompetents. I think he has earned my vote being David against Goliath(s).

Alison, I hope you are aware that by not voting then only those obnoxious people, like me, and the labour supporters will get their choices. So don’t complain when your fears become true.

6. October 23, 2009 at 14:19

He was ganged up on. There was no proper questioning. He wasn’t allowed to stray from the point like the others. The chairman was extremely biased against him.
    An audience member even called him Dick Griffin, which Dimby let go. I couldn’t imagine him allowing a question from the audience addressed to Fattie Hattie.

In the end it doesn’t matter. Griffin was awful and made himself look bad.
    BBC should have just allowed him to do it without battering him so much.

7. October 23, 2009 at 14:24

Lord T. I quite like that idea for a cartoon. Dave vs Gordliar.

A little shepherd outfit Cameron with a slingshot hurling a stone towards a towering, clunking , ogre Brown.
    Only the rock has economic disaster written on the side. And as it speeds towards Gordliar’s head it becomes the size of a boulder.

8. October 23, 2009 at 14:47

Bill,

Cameron? The useless git would miss.

The only reason Cameron is going to be the next PM is he is not a Labour MP. He doesn’t deserve it but such is politics in the UK.

9. October 23, 2009 at 15:13

To be honest my worst fears have already come true. It cannot get any worse. Islamic bigotry, hatred and racism is OK and openly peddled, the liberal “holier than thou” elite have their heads rammed up their backends imposing their new morality accepting no challenge under threat of a label, and we live in an oligarchy.

10. October 23, 2009 at 15:15

If you mean the BNP getting in and me being kicked out of the country then so be it. I love the place and feel enormous patriotism and love for it and its history – but Ill just have to transfer that to somewhere else.

11. October 23, 2009 at 15:16

Alison, If you think it can’t get any worse then you are in for a little surprise.

It’s getting worse every day.

12. October 23, 2009 at 15:18

Why would you get kicked out of the country? Aren’t you French? Anyway, it should never be on that but on whether we have common values.

13. October 23, 2009 at 15:52

I just know what I see and feel Lord T, I live here. For now!

My family are ethnically Polish and Brazilian James.

14. October 23, 2009 at 15:55

We do have some English but my mum was adopted so Im not sure how much. She was ripped from her natural mother as a baby and put up for adoption because her natural mum was unmarried. The father disappeared.

15. Lord T
    October 23, 2009 at 16:43

Alison, I would have thought that you qualified according to the rules.

It’s only the Scots and Welsh the Brits really want to kick out but due to EU law they can’t discriminate so they just default to kicking everyone out.

16. October 23, 2009 at 20:48

I didn’t watch it, but you can tell from all the reports that is was stage managed as I said it would be 😉

Comments are closed.