Late evening listening – Blondie

This post is dedicated to top blogger Tom Paine.  If you listen to no other track, at least try the last one, Shayla – it shows she can actually sing.

debbie-harry

Blondie

695477

drx14

debbie-harry004b

9565512_gal

258227

Everyone has his Blondie moment and mine was when we went to a pub to watch Graham Parker and the Rumour [I’ve probably mentioned this a thousand times] and the buzz went round that Blondie had arrived, just to take in the performance.

This is the truth – I was standing with my mates, with beers in hand and this chick started pushing her way past with a drink in each hand.  I looked down as she squeezed past me and £*&$% me if it wasn’t Deborah Harry.

I still haven’t got over that encounter.  And to think I was going to say something terse to whoever it was.  And yes – it did make all the difference, so there.

8 comments for “Late evening listening – Blondie

1. October 12, 2009 at 21:12

“Denis” has a gearchange at 1 minute 24 seconds it.

2. October 12, 2009 at 21:59

Well I always loved her singing and I have most of the albums too.

And of course as a female I can be more objective because I wasn’t distracted with anything else that might be appealing about her 😉

3. October 12, 2009 at 22:04

Mark – it’s not the only one.

Cherie – sadly, we can’t be so dispassionate although that last track is really a surprise – I hadn’t heard it before.

4. Jim
    October 12, 2009 at 23:03

Blondie had the perfect blend of art house credibility, pop tunes and the sexiest front woman imaginable. One of my favourite bands of all time.

5. October 12, 2009 at 23:26

It was a pity about the unpleasantness later, esp with Infante because their sound had improved. Yes, they had serious cred.

6. October 12, 2009 at 23:55

I always found the repertoire quite varied, which is one of the reasons I enjoyed them so much. There is so much more to explore than made it to the charts.

7. October 13, 2009 at 12:56

I am honoured, sir. I can’t listen to the tracks (YouTube is caught by the Great Firewall of China, so I can see text and pics, but no vids), but I will take your word for it that Ms Harry could sing.

8. October 14, 2009 at 20:53

I’m eighteen again!

I mean, apart from all that freedom lark, this is exactly what the internet is for… 😉

Comments are closed.