4289 activities made illegal since Labour came in

Angus has been digging:

Labour has made 4,289 activities illegal since the 1997 election, at a rate of about one a day – twice the speed with which the previous Conservative government created crimes.

Gordon Brown was the worst offender, with his government inventing 33 new crimes a month. Tony Blair’s administration made 27 new offences each month.

Bloody hell – I didn’t realize it was that bad – they must really hate the people of the UK.

9 comments for “4289 activities made illegal since Labour came in

1. WitteringsfromWitney
    January 26, 2010 at 17:41

Have linked James – tad ‘tongue in cheek’

2. January 26, 2010 at 17:41

I recall seeing that 84% of those new “crimes” came directly from Brussels.

As if that weren’t enough, they also buried us under 120,000 new regulations.

I am reasonably certain that I commit around 9 “crimes” just getting up, showering, having a coffee and walking to my car in the morning.

CR.

3. January 26, 2010 at 17:49

I’m gradually putting together a post on reasons to be out of the EU for those who can’t see it. I need stats like this to help it along.

4. QM
    January 26, 2010 at 18:51

You’ll notice the one law they did abolish was the treason one, I wonder why…

5. MadPiper
    January 26, 2010 at 18:56

Do your police still use the line “Ignorance of the Law is no excuse”? And how do you keep up with this nonsense?

6. January 26, 2010 at 18:58

MP,

and

It is impossible.

CR.

7. January 27, 2010 at 12:13

This is awful.

I do wonder how many of them are to make something that is already illegal illegal twice…

Because they didn’t bother to enforce the original law, or maybe think it is more “right on” to have a new politically correct version too.

So it is illegal to injure because of whatever, but it is also especially illegal to do it if the two people are of different races.

I guess it must hurt either way.

8. January 27, 2010 at 16:42

When in doubt – legislate. That’s the motto with this government. This is the way America was going before Obama got his face slapped the other day.

9. January 27, 2010 at 16:49

Yep – the treason law disappeared, just in time for Blair’s non-trial.