1. Write only the verb from this sentence: “He was trying, essentially, to be seen to be embracing all of the concepts in that philosophical tract.”
2. From which hostelry did the pilgrims to Canterbury set out and where was that hostelry situated?
3. What does this represent?
4. What did Pythagoras say about the hypotenuse?
5. The angle of incidence is equal to … ?
6. Au is which element in the periodic table?
7. Which name is given to the clear layer at the front of the eye which helps to focus light – retina, iris, cornea or lens?
8. In May 878, at Edington, what happened?
9. Name the main river which runs through York.
10. How do you say: “Close the door,” in French?
11. Answer this question: “Wie geht es Ihnen?”
12. What is a rough translation of “Nemo me impune lacessit”?
13. What is the abbreviated form of the language which allows images and objects to be embedded and can be used to create interactive forms? It is written in the form of elements consisting of “tags”, surrounded by angle brackets within the web page content.
The Dramatic Arts/Dance
14. In basic ballet training, how many positions are there?
Art and design
15. The method of painting using little dabs of paint in dots became known as … ?
16. In terms of length, between a minim and a quaver is a … ?
Sports and Physical Training
17. To move the ball along the ground under your control is often called what? A baby does it.
18. The key passage in John’s third chapter, upon which the theory of Christianity rests, is which number?
19. What does ABC stand for?
20. Name the wonder of the ancient world connected to a satrap in the Persian Empire and taken now to be any grand structure of the kind.
was trying to be seen to be embracing, The Tabard in Southwark, the formula for the quadratic equation, the square on the hypotenuse is equal to the sum of the squares on the other two sides, the angle of reflection, gold, cornea, Alfred defeated the Danes, Ouse, fermez la porte, es geht sehr gut bitte, nobody attacks me with impunity, html, five, pointillism, crotchet, dribbling, John 3:16, airway breathing circulation, Mausoleum of Maussollos at Halicarnassus
How did you do? If you did well, then there is a certain satisfaction in knowing what you knew. If you did poorly, then perhaps you’ll scoot over to Google and look some of these up. As long as no one names and shames, then the process is a beneficial one.