Do you work from home?

Mark has a poll up:

How long does your journey to work take in the morning?
Selection Votes
less than 15 minutes 30% 24
15 to 30 minutes 23% 18
30 to 60 minutes 29% 23
60 to 120 minutes 16% 13
more than 120 minutes 1% 1

Bill Quango commented:

Most days about 6 seconds down the stairs. If I have to go into ‘the office’ about 2.5 hours.

About the same for me really.

8 Responses to “Do you work from home?”

1. Lady Macleod March 19, 2010 at 15:44 Permalink

depends on whether I speed the day writing on my laptop in bed (today) or go downstairs to my office and use the desktop. But the office uniform is always the same – I have a full colour spread of pajamas, all comfy.

2. Ryan March 19, 2010 at 15:50 Permalink

Same deal. 20 seconds if I work in the living room, 25 if I work in the kitchen.

Recently I’ve been working from a local library. It’s about a 9 minute commute with traffic.

I used to do 65 minutes each way without traffic but those days are gone.

3. CherryPie March 19, 2010 at 20:22 Permalink

It should be the first option but the traffic means I fit into the number 2 option.

4. dearieme March 19, 2010 at 22:03 Permalink

The only time I depended on public transport for commmuting it was so dismal I bought a motorbike. A minimum but unreliable 40 minutes became a pretty reliable15. And I had the bike at work all day, giving me lots of flexibility at lunchtime and in the evening.

5. Dina March 20, 2010 at 01:22 Permalink

I work from home and have a home and office decor website and blog. I have foundit to be so much better than working in an office, warehouse or retail environment. I travel about 50 to 100 miles a day seeing customers, networking and finding new and exciting products to offer. So even though I do not travel to and from work, I travel at least an hour a day if not more.

6. jams O'Donnell March 20, 2010 at 09:25 Permalink

In the 60-120 minute bracket myself. That includes walks at both ends.

I do have the facility to work at home a day or two a week, I do work at home sometimes

7. Harry Hook March 20, 2010 at 21:04 Permalink

During school term time & Sundays… 1 hour 45 minutes.
    During school & bank holidays… 35 minutes.

8. Harry Hook March 20, 2010 at 21:08 Permalink

P.S.
    I found working from home, too much of a distraction…