Opening post here from Angus Dei and thanks for that. Many know Angus from his own fine blog. And so to the awards:
Welcome to the bi-annual Cupid Stunts awards; this prestigious ceremony is held every two years because it takes time to nurture a Cupid Stunt and Cupid Stunts do not always show their full potential in the first twelve months.
These awards are also designed to piss off as many “purists” as possible, especially in the political and religious arenas, and as many other people as I can.
This year’s candidates were very difficult to rate because of the number of Cupid Stunts in existence at the moment.
Anyway, in reverse order:
10) The England football team for their piss poor showing in the world cup, the embarrassment they have caused to the country, and the fact that they had to employ a “foreigner” to manage them, and especially ‘potato head’ (Roo know who you are).
9) The “Athletes” on their way (or not) to Dirty Delhi, who are whingeing and whining on about ‘conditions’ and security, and the officials who are trying to stir up a storm on behalf of the poor, useless, spoilt competitors.
8) Pope what’s his name for coming to the UK with a belated apology for the hundreds of paedophile priests who have buggered and abused children in the last fifty years or so, and for ruining my TV schedule with his endless interminable rambling on.
7) The Dept of Works and Pensions for their lack of care, understanding, their inability to understand the English language, and their psychotic bent on forcing the sick, disabled and unemployed into work that does not exist, all in the name of “a better Society”.
6) The pointy heads at the top of the EU for draining Blighty of its money, sovereignty, ability to make our own laws and for trying to take over the world with their “Common Purpose”.
Getting exciting now isn’t it.
5) George ‘W’ Bush, just because he is George ‘W’ Bush, and for dragging us into the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan then leaving others to clean up his mess, and for the deaths of hundreds of our soldiers.
4) Tony Blair for following the above Numpty into Iraq and Afghanistan and for buggering off to earn millions while the country is flushed down the toilet, for his bottle suntan, his really annoying attitude and the fact that he thinks he can write a book that is “interesting”, and lastly for being a smug git.
3) Gordon Brown because he didn’t see the crash coming (must have been on his blind side), did sod all about it when it did happen, didn’t have a clue how to fix it, scared children when he “smiled”, has the personality of a turnip and is about as much use as a solar powered skate board.
Now it gets really intense.
2) The Dysfunctional Coalition Family for their lack of, interest in the people of this country, the old, the young, the sick, the disabled, the unemployed and the workers, their lack of foresight, policies and common sense, their intensity on “reducing” the deficit by hacking away at “All and Sundry” and cutting benefits to those who need it most, when the answer is there right in front of their faces-get us out of the EU, and claim back the money ‘we’ have given to the bankers.
The top spot for being a Cupid Stunt is a joint award to Dave and Nick, that pair of privately educated, rich clones who seem to think that they have the answer to all our problems, are convinced that they are always right, and are determined to destroy the lives of the man/woman in the street with their half baked non-policies.
Dave who has about £20 million in the bank, keeps telling us that “we are all in this together”, and that “we will all suffer in the same way”, seems to think that putting thousands more on the dole, cutting public spending to the extent of making our ears bleed and hoping that the private sector will “take up the slack” while the banks refuse to lend money to small businesses is sadly living in a parallel universe where people can magic money up from their sphincters, to pay the rent/mortgage and other escalating bills while their pay/benefits is cut or frozen to bail out the knob heads who put us in this position in the first place.
While Nick, who has deserted his LibDem ethics for “fame and future fortune”, and is worth a few bob himself, is prancing around the world telling others that “we” will spend more on charity, malaria and other non British causes, while the electorate is slowly dying of exsanguination due to the lowering of living standards caused by his and Dave’s tunnel-visioned determination.
The next exciting date in the calendar will be the “All and Sundry” Numpty Awards, all suggestions are welcome.