The Witanagemot and England

This is not exactly news but Toque has decided to call it a day after being [allegedly] constantly smeared by Steve Uncles, of the English Democrats.

I am a member of the Witanagemot club [which changed its name in a temporary loss of sanity] and the core aim of that group is an English Parliament, along with resolution of the West Lothian question and the Barnett Formula.

With the original Albion Alliance project, we found very quickly that many we might have called natural supporters or allies just wouldn’t get onboard for this little reason or that, even though we went to great lengths to show that we did not see ourselves as leading any movement but wanting to join in with and support all the fragmented movements going on at the time.

At the same time, groups were springing up which gave the appearance of wishing for a referendum on the EU and yet, to our dismay, we found that they were away with the fairies on this – thinking that an English Parliament could be achieved without throwing off the yoke of the EU.  I was astounded by the logic of some of the arguments against a referendum which had been promised and which the majority of people in England indicated that they wanted.

Let alone the reasons of fact in what the EU was and is currently up to.

This was similar to the fate of the Witanagemot – there was just too much fragmentation and certain groups wanted to hijack the running of the campaign for an independent England.  There were so many sites, so many campaigns, so much … well … fragmentation, I suppose.  Most dispiriting.

If I mention English Nationalist, what image is conjured up in your mind?

There you go, you see.  I mentioned to someone the other day that I was a member of “the English Nationalists”, without specifying that it was the Witanagemot which I was referring to.  You should have seen the looks I got and how quickly people shut down discussion and moved away.

This is what the Witanagemot was up against.

Obviously, it’s in the interests of the EU to divide and rule and that is going along swimmingly, it seems.  When people wake up to the EU monster and demand that referendum, as we did on behalf of those who felt this way, by directly contacting all PPCs on the matter, then we are on the road to an English Parliament.

How far away is that?

17 comments for “The Witanagemot and England

1. September 10, 2010 at 09:28

Just to confirm that any “smear” campaign, against Gareth Young (Toque), is simply “Counter Measures” to the sustained “smear” campaign, by the said Gareth Young against me (Steve Uncles) personally and the English Democrats generally. Gareth’s motivation, appears to be simply that the English Democrats has become a larger organisation then the Campaign for an English Parliament. Most people would agree a pretty pathetic reason for his negative activity within the English Cause. Fortunately Gareth Young has now been exposed for what he is – a Fraud.

2. QM
    September 10, 2010 at 10:51

Strikes me we’ll never get an English parliament until after we leave the EU (first) and persuade the Scots, Welsh and Irish to go their own way (second)
    At the moment the two main parties and the smaller third that make up the bulk of the UK parliament are EU federasts and Unionists almost to a man/woman, so it’s going to be a long hard road.

Ultimately worth getting there though.

3. September 10, 2010 at 10:58

Naturally, Toque has right of reply, should he wish it. The reason I printed Steve Uncle’s comment with Toque’s name is 1. that it was no secret – that’s how Toque signs in club comments and most around the English sphere know him as such and 2. SU has right of reply.

QM – I couldn’t agree more.

4. September 10, 2010 at 11:23

Steve Uncles is one of the reasons I am no longer a member of the EDP. It’s typical of him that he considers being called a spade a smear. I consider his antics embarrassing and counter-productive and I want nothing to do with any organisation that has anything to do with him.

QM: I agree with you and have thought that way for a long time. I would just point out, however, that there is no need to persuade anyone to go his own way: Should the thirty five million or so voters of England ever have the opportunity to vote for the dissolution of the ‘union’ the peoples of the little nations are on their own, whether they wish it or not, and they know that, which is why they do all they can to keep us under their dominion.

5. September 10, 2010 at 12:04

Very sad…

6. September 10, 2010 at 13:22

I don’t smear Steve Uncles, I just report his antics.

He, however, spreads lies about my family life. He calls me a ‘well known racist’; and a ‘pervert’ who is into watersports; he calls my newborn daughter a dog; he repeatedly tells everyone that I have split up with my wife, and that I have mental problems; and he suggests that the Social Services should be called in to protect my baby.

And this is on top of his other well-documented misdemeanors. He is beyond contempt.

7. tally
    September 10, 2010 at 15:13

I’m astounded that the Albion Alliance found some English Nats were for the EU . I’ve been round the traps for a long time and never found any.
    In my opinion an English Parliament was another way to crack the EU. When it is finally made clear to English taxpayers that it is they who are paying the billions to Brussels and the upkeep of Scotland Wales and Northern Ireland Parliaments and associated hangers on, and not British taxpayers,the game is up.
    British eurosceptic MP’s and MEP’s who are in the main English, have fought the EU with one arm tied behind the back.

8. September 10, 2010 at 20:14

Tally, the answer to this is going to require a post. This evening’s are scheduled so I’ll make it for 11 o’clock this evening. Your points are too important to let go.

Toque, I’m deeply sorry to see this happen and many wish to see you continue, including me.

I’m going to make reference, in my reply to Tally, to where you and I have differing views on the EU Referendum, the question of the English Parliament and this being of prime importance, as you’d agree. There is no personal aspect to this – only the ideas themselves.

9. September 10, 2010 at 20:46

“He calls me a ‘well known racist’; and a ‘pervert’ who is into watersports; he calls my newborn daughter a dog; he repeatedly tells everyone that I have split up with my wife, and that I have mental problems; and he suggests that the Social Services should be called in to protect my baby.”

Well… I’ve voted for far worse on election night… you should stand for parliament. Finally, I hope you realise that you have many friends and well wishers… good luck.

10. September 10, 2010 at 23:20

In defence of our homeland, I and many others who frequent this and many other blogs, are fighting a war.

At present it is a war of words and thoughts, all fighting for the minds of those around us, and in this war there are many battles, for our enemies are numerous. It is not just the UK Government or the EU, but the COE, the OECD, the UN, World Bank, IMF, WTO and a host of other organisations with pretensions of power and an unelected appointed global supremacy over us.

But the most insidious of our enemies are the ones within our midst, the fifth columnists, the traitors, the Judas. There are so many now it is impossible to count them, hidden as they are in our Governmental structures, advisory bodies, think tanks, NGOs, charities, civil service, schools and quangos and even in the many groups proclaiming to be on our side. All willing to sell their country for their own greed and well being, no matter how short term that may be.

For any organisation engaged in this conflict to think that their battle is the only one worth fighting in this much wider war of words and thoughts is naive, that any organisation should feel that their energies should be spent fighting with another organisation whose broad aims are similar to their own gives succour to no-one other than the common enemy we all face.

To continue tearing into each other in this way is simply self defeating, as one organisation after another is picked off, we will all end up the losers, all of us… but then that’s exactly what many fifth columnists want, isn’t it.

Unless we learn to all push in the same general direction, to offer aid to each other during each engagement, there is no hope of securing a single battle win, let alone a war where we can sit down and decide the future of these islands on our own, without that outside interference.

11. September 11, 2010 at 06:50

Hear hear.

12. September 11, 2010 at 09:48

The only differing views that you and I have on the referendum is whether the Witanagemot Club should be used to promote an EU issue.

13. September 11, 2010 at 18:57

Right, Toque – we’ll leave it at that.

14. September 14, 2010 at 12:35

Garteth Young (Toque/Mr Rob) Said

“I don’t smear Steve Uncles, I just report his antics”

I am not perfect, I do make mistakes – however to report the 5% of the mistakes I make, “out of proportion” to the 95% of good activity, is “Not Fair” and calls into question the motives of the person or people taking part in such activity.

There are MANY in the English movement who say a great deal and do very little.

To make a movement happen, then some people have to do things, they will NOT always get everything correct, but if they keep on trying then things will happen and things will change.

“William Gruff” – I have not got a clue who you are.

15. Jamie
    October 1, 2010 at 12:18

SU, you do more wrong than good and it is the numerous folk who see it that put all nationalists in the same barrel as you.

If you were honest about your mistakes and stopped lying about things, your mistakes would not be so remembered by all you have upset with your coarse manner and stupid stunts.

Wake up to your self Steve before you lose more of your credibility, all stuff that gets reported about you has links people can see for themselves what you have said and done, so how is what is reported blown out of proportion.

You need to build bridges and work with other English nationalists. You alone are not the English Movement, nor is your party.
    And the ED are not bigger than the CEP, what a spurious and childish statement to make.

16. October 1, 2010 at 13:24

It worries me greatly that we are at odds. From those who would say that because I’m in Albion Alliance which they claim is Unionist, when in fact individual supporters have their own views and mine are for an English Parliament … through to the whole Steve Uncles business and I make no comment on that … I’d like to see the eye of all to go back on the central goal – an English Parliament.

No one group has a monopoly on this and it is so churlish to ignore someone else in the field because our own group wishes to be the “leader”.

We will only get there if we all agree to stay focussed on the goal and to acknowledge one another’s efforts towards that goal.

Comments are closed.