Appetites – Quick Supper

The simple supper – Rossa gives her version:

There are times when even the most dedicated cook decides that something quick and easy is all they want to do. That was me on the weekend. We’d had the Coq au Vin Blanc on Saturday night but on a lazy Sunday evening all I wanted was something simple I could put in the oven and leave to get on with it.

A simple fish supper.

Only 5 ingredients, using some smoked fish from the freezer, some of my home grown tomatoes, a bag of spinach, crème fraiche and a bit of grated cheese.

Spinach got nuked in the microwave in a bowl until wilted. Don’t need to add water. Chopped up a bit and put in bottom of dish. Chopped up fish into big chunks and that went in next. Sliced tomatoes and laid them on top of the fish. Dollops (love that word!) of crème fraiche on top, salt and pepper and sprinkled the grated cheddar over the top.

In the oven for 30 minutes, popped under the grill to brown the top, served with boiled potatoes and some peas. Voila. Simples!

_________________________

All Rossa’s posts can be found in the left sidebar on this site.

6 comments for “Appetites – Quick Supper

1. October 12, 2010 at 16:50

And peas?

2. October 12, 2010 at 16:58

I don’t think I could eat that many peas in a meal.

3. October 12, 2010 at 17:26

That’s the sort of supper I can relate to – nutritious as well as presentable.

I just had Bloody Mary [2], done with the juice two-thirds up the glass and the carving knife point at the miniscus and the vodka slid down, with Morrisons sliced BSE beef to follow up.

Main course Morrisons spicy chicken breast [two for £3 – I put half of the hand shredded bowl of chook on the plate], fluffy buckwheat with dab of butter and broccoli florets steamed with pepper and sugar.

Simple – oh and wine accompaniment.

4. Patrick Harris
    October 12, 2010 at 17:38

So, the wine was an afterthought eh, no partaking of during the putting, fluffing, dabbing and steaming stages?
    Yeah right!

5. October 12, 2010 at 18:05

Caught me out.

Now, the coffee was a nice colour combination. The laptop’s resting on it’s box in front here – it’s aluminium but the new keyboard is aluminium with white keys.

The coffee cup is white inside and the same golden brown on the outside as the dashboard header in WP. otherwise white and there is a white plate beside the coffee cup with two pieces of Toblerone and a mint, the whole thing on a white tray which usually goes in a trolley.

Just thought I’d mention it.

6. Rossa
    October 12, 2010 at 18:30

Peas are only cos I’m food combining at the moment in a bid to tip the scales to the lighter end!

So veggies are in, potatoes are out.

Sounds good James. Takeaway tonight as my friend has been on his allotment all day and doesn’t want me to cook. All I’ve had to do is chill the wine.

Great curry last night. First time I’ve had curried garlic king prawns with extra garlic! And the lamb with lemon and ginger was tender enough to eat with a fork only. And yes I did indulge in the poppadums, some pilau rice and a couple of Cobras. Sin heaven!