Culinary Conundrum 4/12

Rossa‘s 4th looks nasty.  What I want to know is why she has all these implements of torture at home in the first place:

Hopefully the lady readers haven’t tried the previous item in front of a mirror! They would usually have blunted ends for your eyebrows. Yes, they are fish bone tweezers and I have used them on the salmon we had last night.

So what is this?

And what would you use it for?

___________________________

All Rossa’s posts at this site can be found here.

12 comments for “Culinary Conundrum 4/12

1. Rossa
    October 16, 2010 at 20:55

“What I want to know is why she has all these implements of torture at home in the first place?”

That is something I would only tell you in private, preferably when you’re tied down….lol!

2. October 16, 2010 at 21:56

I’d use that to hold olives while stuffing them.

3. dearieme
    October 17, 2010 at 00:34

escargots

4. October 17, 2010 at 01:44

Indeed, but the correct fork should have been included in the photograph. I like the aniseed like taste of snails but have never been able to overcome the association with septic tanks that biting on a speck of grit evokes in my imagination. I can eat anything, even cucumber, without thinking about where it comes from, and love whelks, eels, frogs’ legs etc. but whenever I eat snails I have to force myself to remember that they are food and not something intended to recycle shit.

So I’ll stick with using them to stuff olives.

5. Rossa
    October 17, 2010 at 08:00

They’d be BIG olives William. You could always stuff them with a snail. Would that make it any easier for you?

I only eat snails for the garlic butter.

6. October 17, 2010 at 08:38

Think I’m going to throw up with all this talk of snails and the like.

7. October 17, 2010 at 18:57

Snails are ok, if fixed correctly, but nothing I would get real excited about. I’ve had fried grasshoppers that tasted better.

8. October 17, 2010 at 19:49

Rossa: I’ll resist the temptation to make a joke about oversized queens. But stuffing olives with chopped snails, and perhaps a nail paring of fresh garlic, doesn’t sound like a bad idea.

9. October 17, 2010 at 19:58

What’s going on here? Garlic butter and grasshoppers?

10. October 17, 2010 at 20:10

Rossa: I’ll resist the temptation to make a joke about oversized queens, but stuffing olives with chopped snails, and perhaps a nail paring of fresh garlic, doesn’t sound like a bad idea.

11. Pavlov's Cat
    October 17, 2010 at 20:49

Damn, I knew I’d used them before,

Just couldn’t make the mental connection, obviously don’t eat enough escargot.

12. October 17, 2010 at 23:43