Winter Warmer

You have finished eating one of Rossa’s splendid feasts and as you relax in mellow contentment, you reach for the coffee pot and a glass of………….
Well, a glass of your usual or perhaps you would like a change.

In Torremolinos, of all places, after an enjoyable meal we ordered coffee and brandy. But the dueño had other ideas.
“Why not try our Copa de la Casa?” he said.
Of course, why not and he brought two brandy glasses, almost full as is the way in Spain.

mmmm that is very nice, very nice indeed. What is it?

One measure each of Tia Maria, Cointreau and Magno

We ordered two more!

So that is my recommendation for a perfect Winter Warmer to round off such a wonderful meal.

_________________________

JD‘s profile and a list of his posts can be found in the left sidebar at this site.

7 comments for “Winter Warmer

1. QM
    October 8, 2010 at 15:31

Sounds wonderful, reminds me to get out the freshly stewed blackberry brandy I made last month to give it a try, another nice winter warmer.

2. Rossa
    October 8, 2010 at 17:28

Best snifter I ever had was on my 30th birthday. Dad was in the wine trade then and we went to one of his customer’s restaurants and shared a 30 year old bottle of wine, a Margaux, Dad’s present to me, with the owner Michel.

When lunch was finished Michel brought out a 30 year old Calvados. Wow, liquid apple nectar, so smooth and the perfect finish to a perfect birthday. Can’t buy it over here and not easy to find in France. In fact I have never found one as good again. Only 20 year old which is not mature enought.

Trouble is I don’t have the patience to wait a further 10 years for a 20 year old one to mature further. Shame!

Off to make linguine carbonara JD. Cheers!

3. October 8, 2010 at 20:10

Yummy in the extreme.

4. MTG
    October 8, 2010 at 20:42

After a search for Cointreau and Tia Maria, I have just made this drink with Hennessy, James. It has an exceptionally fine and smooth taste but rather sweet on its own. Calorie intensity permits only a sip, CP.

I poured what remained of this rich blend into a coffee which is now magnificent. Cheers!

5. October 8, 2010 at 21:20

Magno, eh?

6. JD
    October 8, 2010 at 22:53

Magno is very smooth and mellow…. did I tell you about the time I had five after lunch one day? Went straight to my knees they did, I had a bit of difficulty walking back to the office 🙂

7. October 9, 2010 at 14:29

That does sound like an interesting mixture.