The world outside my front door

Rossa comments on the current state of snow in our fair land:

The Sun tried to break through the cloud earlier today so I got my camera out and took some shots of the winter wonderland outside my front door:

My car is now a black and white Beamer and everything else looks very black and white too.

There are 2 shire horses huddled together in the field in front of my house.

View of my house.

What’s it like your way now?

_________________________

All Rossa‘s posts can be found here.

11 comments for “The world outside my front door

1. MadPiper
    December 2, 2010 at 17:39

Snow makes everything more beautiful and I love the hush it adds to the world. Thanks for sharing!

2. WitteringsfromWitney
    December 2, 2010 at 18:18

Unfortunately, Oxforshire is not as lucky as ‘up North’ (thought you were a deprived area). Global Warming has yet to really arrive!

3. Rossa
    December 2, 2010 at 18:39

Third one is the view up the lane from my house. We are lucky to be sheltered by the bluff behind us, where the trees are. At the top of that is the open moor.

The pair of Shire horses in the field to the front of our house are huddling together against the biting NE wind. At least the farmer manages to get here once a day with hay and to break the ice on the water tank.

Earlier this year they (the horses not the farmer) had a foal. Hopefully, if the mare is pregnant again the snow will have cleared before the Spring, just in time for the new arrival. Otherwise the stork may struggle with the delivery. May have to borrow Santa’s sleigh 🙂

4. Rossa
    December 2, 2010 at 18:45

Not deprived of GW here WfW. Mind you Germany seems to be suffering a lot to the chagrin of the greenies there. With wind chill down to -40c things are looking more than a bit dodgy for the world’s biggest manufacturer of solar panels.

5. December 2, 2010 at 18:55

Snow makes everything so beautiful, it hides the dirt and the trouble although in this land, it causes chaos because our people can’t organize themselves and are always caught short.

I’ve just been re-reading the Spanish Armada and we ran out of powder in 1588. So it’s an old syndrome.

6. December 2, 2010 at 19:45

We are pretty clear here in Cambridgeshire. Those snow pictures look really scenic. Hope you are warm and stocked up with plenty of food.

7. Bill
    December 2, 2010 at 20:45

No snow, bloody cold, a little bit of left over powder snow on all north facing pavements from last Friday.
    Barrow-in-Furness
    2nd December 2010.
    Sorry no pictures.

8. December 2, 2010 at 21:13

Sunny, breeze, 11°C in Classic City.
    We only get one snow per year if any. Last year’s did some chaos, though more from ice than snow.

9. December 2, 2010 at 22:03

Looks like the pictures I posted at my blog of my neighborhood.

10. December 2, 2010 at 22:07

I’m doing a round-up of people’s pics tomorrow.

11. December 3, 2010 at 19:46

I especially love that last photo 🙂