Ides of March

A nation dies.

José: Rumpy, did you see that poll in the Mail?
Pumpy: [chuckles like Herman Munster]

Very suspicious about this.

This blog and many others have invested much time and effort into bringing to the public the reasons why we should leave the EU.  The TPA have been on about it, every serious pundit has been on about it.

Yet here is the Mail poll:

Do you think the Mail is straight out lying?  That this result has been skewed by subbies told to produce this result?  In the end game, truth is the first casualty.  On the surface, it is a depressing piece of lunacy by a compliant public and if it is indeed so, then let me be among the first mourners for the nation our forefathers fought and died for.

12 comments for “Ides of March

1. March 15, 2011 at 19:41

Is that for real??

Every other poll I have ever seen says EXACTLY the opposite.

Un-friggin’-believable.

CR.

2. March 15, 2011 at 19:46

How many and who/m did they ask? If it was drunken British18-30s on Halkidiki, I’d understand.

3. steve
    March 15, 2011 at 19:47
  4. March 15, 2011 at 19:58

I’m stunned. Check the Mail for yourself.

Also this:

Ipsos Mori:

However:

A recent poll (PDF) by YouGov ranked the issues most important to voters, and it showed a whopping 4% listed the EU as one of the most important issues facing the UK at the moment. That’s only 1% more than “transport” – the least important issue for voters. So, Europe was essentially at the bottom of the heap.

IWAR [maybe flawed]:

The East Stoke vote:

5. Patrick Harris
    March 15, 2011 at 20:11

And, there was no fall out from the ****ushima nuclear reactors.

6. ivan
    March 15, 2011 at 20:25

When I looked at it yesterday it was the other way round.

7. March 15, 2011 at 21:35

Is that so? Then who has done it, who ordered it and why?

8. ivan
    March 15, 2011 at 21:48

Simple answer James – those that don’t want the people having a say in what goes on.

9. March 15, 2011 at 22:32

Or does it just show the intellect of the Daily Mail readers?

10. fake
    March 16, 2011 at 10:46

Why is it so unbelievable?

When every year people vote for a party, and then 6 months down the line start grumbling about what they do, yet 90% of the time I can turn around and say “well, I told you they would do that”.

Labour have done NOTHING for the industry of this country in the last 13 years, well nothing positive. Yet the northern droves will still vote for them, because they *believe” labour stand for them.

Pick up your local rag, and go to the readers letters. I would warn you however to be carefull, reading the opions spouted in such may affect you IQ. Too many ignorant asses who care nothing for facts.

Most people don’t care enough about the politics to educate themsevles about the facts, they only care about maintaining a comftable statuas quo. When somebody stands up and says “3 million jobs rely on EU trade” people just accept it, they don’t think “well, we traded with the EU before the EU and will do so after”. Change makes them afraid.

I am not at all suprised by this result.

11. March 16, 2011 at 16:56

Can’t argue with those.

12. March 16, 2011 at 21:30

I saw this last night, James, and my first thought was that the numbers were the wrong way round – then I thought that the trolls must have been hard at work……. and then I thought that maybe the Mail was just blatantly lying.

But then, they also don’t say how many people actually voted in this poll. The result of an actual referendum would be very different, methinks, which is why iDave and his cronies are refusing to give us the referendum we really want instead of the AV crap.

Comments are closed.