Friday quiz

A more soothing one this week:

Questions

1 In the first photo is a valley of what species of very old trees.
2 They are in this range of European mountains,name the mountain range and country.

8 Responses to “Friday quiz”

1. jameshigham March 2, 2012 at 20:06 Permalink

Sorry to hear that, Cap’n. It might be of interest to you that I’ve had two acts of Lawful Rebellion in RL so far since you gave the lead, which by my reckoning puts me two ahead of the vast majority of people. Still, if that earns me a banning from your site, so be it. All the best with it and if you need some assistance advancing lawful rebellion, just drop me a line.

2. A K Haart March 2, 2012 at 20:48 Permalink

James – you may already know this but the first comment may be suspect.

3. Captain Ranty March 2, 2012 at 20:49 Permalink

James,

It’s bullshit.

Please see my latest post.

CR.

4. Chuckles March 2, 2012 at 22:05 Permalink

Araucaria at Benmore?

5. James Higham March 2, 2012 at 22:12 Permalink

Actually, I’ve been off for an hour and a half researching Susan Lindauer. Cap’n, I should have verified by email with you. Must admit I was a bit disappointed as I thought we were heading in the same direction.

Glad that’s cleared up. Poor old Wiggia though – no one’s answered his questions. ;-)

6. CherryPie March 3, 2012 at 00:33 Permalink

The old trees look like Cedars of Lebanon, but the Europe detail has me foxed.

7. James Higham March 3, 2012 at 08:15 Permalink

Thanks, Cherie. Wiggia will appreciate that and I appreciate it too. His answers, by the way:

Answers

1 Cedar of Lebanon ,albeit a distinct version.
    2 Troodos Mountains, Cyprus.

That was pretty good going and the NT renewal is speeding on its way to you now, unless it gets lost somewhere in the Royal Mail, of course.

8. CherryPie March 3, 2012 at 12:02 Permalink

I should have got part two, I have been on the Troodos mountains! They are very pretty.