9 Responses to “What any woman would want”

1. Moggsy June 22, 2012 at 09:47 Permalink

Thati s really clever and pretty. Maybe a bit retro.

I think it would need to be double layered or lined tho.

The iside of ring pulls can be sharp and scratchy inplaces. Also those holes might let small stuff fall out?

2. James Higham June 22, 2012 at 10:10 Permalink

Good to read the female opinion on it. Perhaps the lining would do the job. Is retro bad?

3. Moggsy June 22, 2012 at 10:38 Permalink

Retro is fine in the right circumstances. The “right” appropriate retro anyhow.

Looks like a “material” they might have made a mini skirt out of for a NY bleeding edge photoshoot in the 60s.

Did they have ring pulls then? Didn’t they have can openers on strings then?

4. Chuckles June 22, 2012 at 12:10 Permalink

Moggsy, there were entire 70′s books on the subject of ‘poptoppin’. Oh the humanity.

These were still the original ring-pull tabs that came adrift from the can when opened. They were replaced in the 70s allegedly because it was common practice in the USA to drop the ring-pull into the newly opened can, and then drink the bevvy.
    This supposedly caused vast numbers of people to choke to death as they swallowed it, rather than the recommended daily dose of soda, so they were replaced with the new improved version.
    That said, in my times in the USA in the 60s and 70s, I never met anyone who dropped the ring-pull into the can. Go figure.

5. Moggsy June 22, 2012 at 14:59 Permalink

Chuckles, Googled it. The ring pull was patented in 1963. Stay/ecology tabs were introduced by the Falls City Brewing Company of Louisville, Kentucky in 1975

Soo given the retro is early mid 60′s (in my head at least ^_^) black and white photoshoot…

The original ring pulls would either not have been started, or just getting started maybe not so wide spread about the time in question.

There’s the humanity.. In your face ^_^ I am so cleverrrrr ^_^

6. James Higham June 22, 2012 at 15:21 Permalink

I want to know why people insist on putting apostrophes into plurals. Apostrophes are for either possession or contraction.

Therefore 60s, 70s, not 60′s, 70′s.

7. BobG June 22, 2012 at 16:52 Permalink

Nice, if you like aluminum chain mail.
    I used to have a hat band made of pop-tops, after they came out.
    Before the pop-tops it we always kept a church key in the glove box of the car. There are fewer things more frustrating than to have a couple dozen cans of beer and no way to open them.

8. Sackerson June 22, 2012 at 19:07 Permalink

James, thank’s for the rule.

9. ubermouth June 22, 2012 at 22:44 Permalink

I always dropped the ring pull tab n the drink and s did al my friends. :)

Then they moved onto the punch hole ones where you cut your thumb depressing them. I am not even sure what they use now.