Friday Kwiz

Where is this?

Walk alongside that waterfall and you go deaf in the left ear.
Turn around and walk back and you go deaf in the right ear.
I am easily amused :)

7 Responses to “Friday Kwiz”

1. Twilight July 27, 2012 at 17:38 Permalink

…..and well-balanced, I take it. ;-)

2. James Higham July 27, 2012 at 17:50 Permalink

Haven’t a clue but I’ll take a stab. If you enlarge the pic, they appear to be Continentals on the walkway to the right and the chap walking this way. At the far end are steps to what seems a pretty rundown part of town, maybe inner city building in an arty way.

Style of architecture is either Continental or Glasgow European City of Culure -ish. Given that the poster is a Scot with a strong Spanish connection, I’d say either a major Scottish city or Madrid. Given JD’s interests, I’d say it might be a cultural or art centre.

That’s about as much as I can get after first scrutiny.

3. Chuckles July 27, 2012 at 17:53 Permalink

No direct knowledge, but me, I’d plump for Spain. The wall mural looks like it depicts the first trip of that 1492 chappie, so Madrid and Bohio or similar?

4. Duncan B (UK) July 27, 2012 at 20:24 Permalink

Pretty damned sure that’s in front of The Prado.

5. James Higham July 27, 2012 at 20:57 Permalink

OK, I know now. JD emailed the answer because he’s shy [a real shrinking violet, our JD :) ] and it will go up at 23:00 here. Let’s just say that one of these guys was close.

6. JD July 28, 2012 at 12:05 Permalink

…wake up James!
    You promised the answer last night and my breath remains bated waiting to know.. :)

oh, all right then-

…. a bit of seductive deduction there from Detective Inspector Higham :)

and it’s not a rundown area, the Salamanca barrio is the most expensive place to live in Madrid!

7. James Higham July 28, 2012 at 12:16 Permalink

Fell asleep, JD and when I woke up this morning, realized there were no posts for today so scrambled to get some together.

Sorry. :)

Actually, Chuckles was the guy who had it [almost] right.