Friday Kwiz

Where is this?

Walk alongside that waterfall and you go deaf in the left ear.
Turn around and walk back and you go deaf in the right ear.
I am easily amused 🙂

7 comments for “Friday Kwiz

1. July 27, 2012 at 17:38

…..and well-balanced, I take it. 😉

2. July 27, 2012 at 17:50

Haven’t a clue but I’ll take a stab. If you enlarge the pic, they appear to be Continentals on the walkway to the right and the chap walking this way. At the far end are steps to what seems a pretty rundown part of town, maybe inner city building in an arty way.

Style of architecture is either Continental or Glasgow European City of Culure -ish. Given that the poster is a Scot with a strong Spanish connection, I’d say either a major Scottish city or Madrid. Given JD’s interests, I’d say it might be a cultural or art centre.

That’s about as much as I can get after first scrutiny.

3. Chuckles
    July 27, 2012 at 17:53

No direct knowledge, but me, I’d plump for Spain. The wall mural looks like it depicts the first trip of that 1492 chappie, so Madrid and Bohio or similar?

4. Duncan B (UK)
    July 27, 2012 at 20:24

Pretty damned sure that’s in front of The Prado.

5. July 27, 2012 at 20:57

OK, I know now. JD emailed the answer because he’s shy [a real shrinking violet, our JD 🙂 ] and it will go up at 23:00 here. Let’s just say that one of these guys was close.

6. JD
    July 28, 2012 at 12:05

…wake up James!
    You promised the answer last night and my breath remains bated waiting to know.. 🙂

oh, all right then-

…. a bit of seductive deduction there from Detective Inspector Higham 🙂

and it’s not a rundown area, the Salamanca barrio is the most expensive place to live in Madrid!

7. July 28, 2012 at 12:16

Fell asleep, JD and when I woke up this morning, realized there were no posts for today so scrambled to get some together.

Sorry. 🙂

Actually, Chuckles was the guy who had it [almost] right.