Wimmin rock!

As I explained to Chrysalis, there have been many positive posts on women on this blog [and will continue to be] but I can understand her cynicism.  Here are a few references:

Pictures of Lily
Great example
Return to grace
For the other half of the sky
Audrey Hepburn
Giving women a good name
Kate Bush
Eva Cassidy

Many female artists have been featured on this blog.  Let’s not forget the royals:

Kate and Mary – soft spot for both

And:

Any of the Wimmin on Bicycle posts

Christy O, even though she’s attacking feminists, is great in herself.

Then there are all the women I quote on feminism who have it nailed.  Great women.

Then there are the women on the blogrolls here.  Fabulous.  That’s before we get to fellow admins and co-authors.  also wonderful.  Then there was Uber – despite everything, her spirit was great.  close women friends too, my bosses at work, customers I meet each week – lovely ladies and they make me enjoy the work.

There’s a post I did [can't find it] in defence of the older woman.  It goes on and on.  And is there anything better than a woman in your arms?

Oh yes, my novels.  Now those women were class [except for the baddies, of course].

Then there were the majority of “my” girls in Russia – talented, gorgeous and kind.

Then there was my mum.

There’ll be more soon.

6 Responses to “Wimmin rock!”

1. CherryPie July 10, 2012 at 20:50 Permalink

This makes a refreshing change to your recent posts on women :-)

2. James Higham July 10, 2012 at 22:33 Permalink

And you’re one of the ones who belongs on this post too. As I keep pointing out over and over, Cherie, the posts have not been about “women”, they’ve been about a small demographic part of the whole.

This one is about women.

3. CherryPie July 10, 2012 at 23:10 Permalink

I know that ;-)

But those posts themselves don’t come across that it is only a small demographic part of the whole. Hence my recent comment.

And this post provides the counter balance :-)

4. Chrysalis July 11, 2012 at 08:30 Permalink

Ah! What a lovely surprise! I knew you had it in ya, all along ;)

Yes, I would agree about Cherie. Though we’ve never really spoken, I’ve always found her comments to be very fair and very level-headed, but make no mistake – she’s no shrinking violet, am I right?

Nice to see, James, thank you for focusing on what’s right instead of what’s wrong, on this one :)

Checking on those posts and blogrolls now…

5. Chrysalis July 11, 2012 at 08:31 Permalink

Not sure if you received my previous comment, but it essentially sang your praises, over this one, and I agreed about Cherie :)

In the meantime, I’ve come across a news tidbit and I was curious as to your thoughts.

Have you heard, yet, of the firestorm created over remarks made by Illinois congressman, Joe Walsh, regarding his opponent, Lt. Col Tammy Duckworth?

He said he “respected her sacrificing her body for her country – ehhh, let’s move on. What ELSE has she done?”

(Her legs were severed when the Blackhawk she was copiloting crashed in Baghdad.)

I could be here all day, pointing out the many reasons that comment was boneheaded, but I was curious about one aspect of this controversy that appears to have been overlooked.

It seems he’s not-so-subtly accusing her of emotionally manipulating the public with her previous situation to obtain votes.

My question is, do you think Walsh would’ve said the same about Senator John McCain and his injuries (even if not in his own party)?

Do you think he would’ve said it to any former male military officer, running for office?

6. James Higham July 11, 2012 at 08:36 Permalink

Cherie is one of the good ones, yes.

As for those comments re Duckworth, they were indeed boneheaded, in fact worse, on the face of it, not having fully read it up. I think no one’s saying men can’t be boneheaded and impossible – they are in proportion to the demographic of both sexes – bright people, not so bright, idiots.

With men, having done these things for so long, the demographic is fairly evenly spread. With women, it seems only the boneheads get through – my theory on that is the better women don’t bother. They look after their families and have a proper life [not necessarily coincided in all respects].

The best women don’t hate men and the best men don’t hate women.