Boris – gone in sixty seconds

Congratulations, Boris – you think you’ve won half of London but in fact you’ve just lost over half the UK.

Don’t you realize how much people are sick to the back teeth with the whole PC agenda? The solution was to keep the mouth shut on it.

Don’t think I need add much to these:

#  Oh Boris, you were doing so well and now you’ve thrown away a lot of support for yourself by jumping on the “support anything and everything bandwagon”.  – Dave, Hastings, East Sussex England, 20/8/2012 19:07

#  Boris, you have just proven beyond any doubt, to the majority of the UK, just how stupid you really are. Marriage: The joining together of this man and this woman….. Exactly what don’t you understand? – The Voice of Reason (the original), Northumberland

Think he means Northumbria. No matter, let’s move on:

#  Why did he even have to bring it up when he knows it is so controversial? He is not the man I thought he was – he is almost as big an idiot as Dave. You cannot foist your views on churches. They are entitled to their own opinions. – Sopie, Belfast, 20/8/2012 19:49

#  Oh God! You’ve blown it now Boris. I really thought you were different to the rest but you are actually as bad. – Jeff, Norfolk

#  This must be a great disappointment to the Boris supporters in these columns but is an unsurprising move from the Mayor of one of the most liberal cities in the world. Boris knows his constituents. – mv, west midlands uk, 21/8/2012 10:07

#  Why didn’t they just leave him hanging on the zip wire, he only looked a complete idiot then; now he has proved beyond all reasonable doubt that he actually is one. Is there a Conservative anywhere, with at least half a brain, who can lead the party?  – Dave (I want to be proud of my country, but M.P’s won’t let me)), Cockermouth Cumberland

Yep, it just remains for me to give away my DVD of HIGNFY, of which the main feature was Boris and close the chapter on that buffoon.

Johnson, you just lost your core support across the country, you opportunistic prat.   It’s in keeping though.   They can hide it for years but eventually the cloven Bollinger appears.

Gone in Sixty Seconds.

8 Responses to “Boris – gone in sixty seconds”

1. JD August 21, 2012 at 16:14 Permalink

whatever made you think he was anything other than a buffoon?

it was always a double bluff – a buffoon pretending to be an intelligent man (Latin phrases and all that) who was only ‘pretending’ to be a fool hoping that people would think him wiser than he really is. (Stephen Fry is another one doing a similar double bluff)

as you say, should have left him hanging on that zip wire

2. A K Haart August 21, 2012 at 17:13 Permalink

I think this comment is apt:-

“As fickle as the public he entertains. A dangerous clown..beware.”

3. CamelCaseRob August 21, 2012 at 17:42 Permalink

Actually he did mean Northumberland, one of the English counties. Northumbria was a medieval place name covering more than the current Northumberland.

4. James Higham August 21, 2012 at 18:06 Permalink

Yes but being Northumbrian and not recognizing an artificial recent designation ***land, I was hoping he’d designate it correctly.

Welcome to Northumbria, one and all.

5. Bruce Charlton August 21, 2012 at 20:41 Permalink

I’m pulling rank on this one! – since I have actually met BJ, in a policy briefing…

He was intelligent, quick witted, witty and had a likeable personality. In a word, very *charming*.

He was also quite obviously intellectually lazy, slapdash and badly-informed (including on subjects he was supposed to be expert on). I have met many ambitions, focused, driven and status seeking men – he was not like them.

The secret is presumably that Boris serves as a front for powerful interests (I don’t pretend to know who is pulling the strings). Someone swept along by events, not someone shaping events.

6. James Higham August 21, 2012 at 21:28 Permalink

I would have voted for him, Bruce. I know his faults as we all do but thought Westminster could have done with the breath of fresh air. This about face has shaken my faith in him. It’s likely to be as JD, AKH and you say.

7. Wolfie August 21, 2012 at 23:07 Permalink

I thought he might have some qualities of use until he voiced a strong desire for Turkey to join the EU. You know, freedom of movement etc. etc.

Another neo-liberal/neo-conservative wolf in sheep’s clothing. Next.

8. banned August 21, 2012 at 23:27 Permalink

You got picky about Northumberland, why not “Dave, Cockermouth Cumberland”?