Power drunk petty hitlers

It must be heady, intoxicating, to be a nothing, to volunteer for the Olympics and then to start ordering people about, clipboard in hand, telling world ranked international athletes to stand in line:

# I’ve just been to the Olympic Park and the area around it is filled with people in pink jackets who are ordering everyone on the right to move to the left, everyone on the left to move to the right, everyone who stops for a second MUST immediately move on and everyone moving on MUST immediately turn back or move to the side or stop.

# I think it’s great that he spoke the truth about how he was treated. He has a massive voice and carries a lot more weight than ever you or I could achieve. Why should he be treated like a half wit and tolerate it. Difference is the state can’t arrest him for pissing the establishment off.

But there always has to be one, doesn’t there?

Rules are there to give order to proceedings which involve so many participants, customs, cultures, languages. I think he is just being petulant. Being a fast runner does not entitle him to have his way on everything.

Rules are rules and zey are to be obeyed at all times!! All rules must be blanket, no exceptions [unless you are of the criminal class above us].

And another thing:

What is all this about the gold medal winners having to carry round the life sized one-eyed cyclops mascot dummies – what gold medalist wants to be hampered lugging that crap around ?

Yep – notice Bolt didn’t want his, it was forced on him and he offloaded it at the first opportunity – how utterly puerile, how utterly New Britain. When you infantilize a nation, it acts like infants.

6 Responses to “Power drunk petty hitlers”

1. wiggiatlarge August 7, 2012 at 17:23 Permalink

Who sits and decides something as blatantly crass as that mascot is actually any good, and while i’m at it Stella Ms outfits whilst quite good on the overall design front are completely useless in any events of more than two people as it’s almost impossible to know who our athletes are as they are not recognizable by national colour, in the triathlon the other day when following the pack our outfits looked identical to the USA, do they just rubber stamp anything design or produced by a celeb on the assumption they know better, I only ask.

2. James Higham August 7, 2012 at 21:40 Permalink

Yes – that’s the two sides of the games, innit?

3. Rossa August 8, 2012 at 08:28 Permalink

Was confusing in the men’s pommel horse when the 2 GB guys were in different colours, Max in blue, Louis in red.

When so many flags are a combination of red, white and blue and are reflected in the team kit, it is hard to sort out who they all are, so we look out for their numbers where you can see them!

4. Moggsy August 8, 2012 at 10:19 Permalink

James, The “filled with pink jackets” comment.

Do you believe _everything_ you read on, say trip advisor, or just the reviews that fit with whatever you are thinking the place might be like, maybe based on the name?

Wiggiatlarge, Those mascots are weird, a bit creepy and about as un British, by any variation of any thing anyone might think of as “British Culture” as you could get. I quite like the outfits basic design, but I do think they should stick to one color scheme and not some weird confusing mix and match Like Rossa said.

I am impessed with how many medals the British “Team” has got so far. You could imagine halfway between the rest of the pack and China/US.

That guy who got disqualified, then got a note from his Doctor then got gold, How many don’t think he is a liar?

Why didn’t he just pull out before liike a normal person. If they are fair they absolutely should disqualify him, like they did those badmington teams.

5. wiggiatlarge August 8, 2012 at 11:17 Permalink

As regards the last item of yours Moggsy I think the term that comes to mind re the officials is “they bottled it.

6. Moggsy August 8, 2012 at 12:51 Permalink

wiggiatlarge, I guess I don’t know what the “injury” was. But how could it be so bad to keep a person from competing one day and yet they can win a hard race so shortly after? If we are bing kind to the Doctor I guess we should say he misdiagnosed for _some_ reason.

It really does not seem fair and consistant to me and if I were the Chinese I would complain. I bet tho it will just end up in some sort of horsetrade with it all kept quiet if they did.