1. And this is why education is like it is:
Preserve us from these people but more importantly – preserve the kids.
2. Mensch ‘let down women MPs by doing school run’ MP Nadine Dorries describes Louise Mensch as “void of principle” in highly personal attack. Cristina Odone: Louise Mensch is all ‘me, me, me, me’
Well OK, we’ve probably done for our Louise now. ‘Nuff said.
3. G4S profit tumbles on £50m Olympics fiasco G4S chief Nick Buckles ‘deeply disappointed’ by company’s Olympic security failure as profits fall 60pc.
Die, you bstds or at least go out of business.
6. From haiku: Historic racecars help design smartcars of the future. Chuckles comments:
I say bollocks to the headline, but some nice stuff in the article. They do rather gloss over some technical issues however … Synchronising video from fast moving vehicles. Oh yes, been there. I’ll just go and lie down for a bit.
7. From Chuckles: Re-inventing a variation of the Fresnel lens, with a holo twist? Lib Ed journalists too thick to catch on:
Haiku comments: Well put ! With nanoantennas, metasurfaces etc., your Lib Ed journalist will immediately be thinking ‘Shades of the Matrix …’
elly-time-at-yahoo/ : could be a sticky time at Yahoo!
8. From JD: Does the DM know about this? They ‘love’ Ryanair don’t they!
Spanish version here-
… not forgetting three emergency landings in Valencia because they were short of fuel.
9. Later: Still nothing in the Maily Dail, they are usually all over Ryanair for their poor service. Perhaps they don’t know?
Here’s the reason it was delayed-
La salida del vuelo se fue aplazando a lo largo del día hasta que los pasajeros abordaron hacia Madrid sobre la medianoche en el mismo avión en el que debían viajar al mediodía, y en el que un técnico de la aerolínea que llegó a Menorca desde Londres estuvo trabajando más de cinco horas para arreglar la avería.
In other words they flew an engineer from London who took five hours to fix the fault. Probably too expensive to employ local maintenance services. O’Leary gets away with it because, as the comments show, the sheople will put up with it cos it’s cheap innit!
A lot of companies look upon their customers as nothing more than cash dipensers, if one doesn’t pay out well there’s always another one round the corner. Welcome to the modern world of business.
I was going to answer that but think I’ll do it tomorrow [and so on].