Go digital old man!

Collection of cameras none of which is working for one reason or another-

…looks like I shall have to buy a flashy new digital thingy which will no doubt take me a couple of years to figure out how to use it :(

8 Responses to “Go digital old man!”

1. A K Haart September 21, 2012 at 13:10 Permalink

I’m quite impressed by flashy new digital thingies. Point and click – if it isn’t quite right just delete it or mess around with it afterwards.

2. microdave September 21, 2012 at 15:12 Permalink

Ah, but what did you take THAT picture with?

3. James Higham September 21, 2012 at 15:18 Permalink

Don’t know if JD can reply – he’s off with two young fillies and I tell you – I wouldn’t be blogging either. ;-)

4. JD September 21, 2012 at 16:12 Permalink

I didn’t take the picture :)
    my daughter did with her CanonEOS – she also did the photo for Ginger Biscuits using her Android (whatever that is)
    she takes hundreds of pics of anything and everything :)

5. CherryPie September 21, 2012 at 18:11 Permalink

You will be fine with a digital. They have point and press mode, that is all you need to know :-)

6. ubermouth September 22, 2012 at 00:01 Permalink

I got a Sony moving camera thing for my birthday[in June!] and have yet to figure out how to operate it. I haven’t even tried. Everything is so complicated these days.

Then again, I only learned to text last May when I finally broke down and bought a mobile phone. I hate all these gadgets.

7. Rossa September 22, 2012 at 07:49 Permalink

Best thing with digital is the ‘stop the shakes’ thingy it does. Auto focus, adjusting for lack of light, a button for closeup or distance, quick flash (but don’t frighten the natives) and that’s all you really need apart from something to ‘shoot’ at.

And sell your cameras online, there are plenty of people out there who want to buy them. Got some good money for my Dad’s old Canon when he wanted to raise money for the Hospice.

8. haiku September 22, 2012 at 14:40 Permalink

As one who paid for his university days from photography I take my photography seriously.

So it should come as no surprise when I say that I really hate myself for the following:

Unless you require a camera for ‘semi-serious’ work (i.e. where a quality wide-angle – or zoom – lens would benefit) simply purchase a new cell-phone …

Now I am off to slash my wrists …