Thought for the day

It’s not over till the fat lady sings.

R.I.P. Daniel Craig.

15 Responses to “Thought for the day”

1. Sackerson October 5, 2012 at 20:11 Permalink

Don’t understand.

2. macheath October 5, 2012 at 20:56 Permalink

Ouch!

Surely a little harsh….

3. Don QuiScottie October 5, 2012 at 23:50 Permalink

Frankly, for me, I always wish it was all over as soon as the fat lady sings, and she always sings at the start and all through the damn middle, as well as at the end.

Tis’ not for me, opera.

And neither is Bond – I just cannot understand what pulls people to watch such nonsense. But of course I have no objection to them doing so.

4. Don QuiScottie October 5, 2012 at 23:52 Permalink

Oh, I think I misplaced an apostrophe. Goodness, I may need to drink hemlock now…

5. James Higham October 6, 2012 at 11:11 Permalink

Hemlock can be supplied. As for the meaning of it all – that’s not for me to say.

6. Sackerson October 6, 2012 at 13:51 Permalink

Nope, still don’t understand.

7. James Higham October 6, 2012 at 15:10 Permalink

I’ll email. :)

8. Don QuiScottie October 6, 2012 at 16:15 Permalink

Will it help Sackerson if I suggest there may be two fat ladies involved here – one the generic “fat lady” of opera (therefore many more than just one fat lady in fact), the other a “pop” singer (if that’s still the accepted term) who is not actually fat, but has been rudely accused of being so?

Perhaps that won’t help at all, and maybe I am totally confused about it all myself in any case. But I don’t like opera and I don’t like Bond, but the fat lady who is not really fat is OK to listen to in a traffic jam, actually.

9. Sackerson October 6, 2012 at 16:43 Permalink

That gets me partway, DQ, though I still don’t know the tubby to whom you allude. Why the RIP?

10. Chuckles October 6, 2012 at 16:50 Permalink

Possibly Related

11. James Higham October 6, 2012 at 17:15 Permalink

Sometimes Sackers is as obtuse as I am. :) Wonder if he is doing a spot of winding up here.

12. Sackerson October 6, 2012 at 19:03 Permalink

Nope, genuinely daft.

13. Don QuiScottie October 6, 2012 at 22:03 Permalink

My research was bit inaccurate or out of date. I Googled her image and I have to be un-gentlemanly and concede that yes, she is a bit fat at the moment. And Sackerson – given that she is fat, and she is singing the new Bond theme, and when the fat lady sings it is all over (apparently)… and so, for Bond, it must be all over… Oh… You know, I am not sure this is worth all this discussion really… That’s the problem with commenting at this’ place… start it in one little way and it sucks you in. I may have to go all silent again for a while now.

14. CherryPie October 6, 2012 at 22:20 Permalink

Don – Your comment made me smile, well actually it made me chuckle.

I hope that doesn’t mean I am a bad person…