Thought for the day

It’s not over till the fat lady sings.

R.I.P. Daniel Craig.

15 comments for “Thought for the day

1. October 5, 2012 at 20:11

Don’t understand.

2. October 5, 2012 at 20:56

Ouch!

Surely a little harsh….

3. October 5, 2012 at 23:50

Frankly, for me, I always wish it was all over as soon as the fat lady sings, and she always sings at the start and all through the damn middle, as well as at the end.

Tis’ not for me, opera.

And neither is Bond – I just cannot understand what pulls people to watch such nonsense. But of course I have no objection to them doing so.

4. October 5, 2012 at 23:52

Oh, I think I misplaced an apostrophe. Goodness, I may need to drink hemlock now…

5. October 6, 2012 at 11:11

Hemlock can be supplied. As for the meaning of it all – that’s not for me to say.

6. October 6, 2012 at 13:51

Nope, still don’t understand.

7. October 6, 2012 at 15:10

I’ll email. 🙂

8. October 6, 2012 at 16:15

Will it help Sackerson if I suggest there may be two fat ladies involved here – one the generic “fat lady” of opera (therefore many more than just one fat lady in fact), the other a “pop” singer (if that’s still the accepted term) who is not actually fat, but has been rudely accused of being so?

Perhaps that won’t help at all, and maybe I am totally confused about it all myself in any case. But I don’t like opera and I don’t like Bond, but the fat lady who is not really fat is OK to listen to in a traffic jam, actually.

9. October 6, 2012 at 16:43

That gets me partway, DQ, though I still don’t know the tubby to whom you allude. Why the RIP?

10. Chuckles
    October 6, 2012 at 16:50
  11. October 6, 2012 at 17:15

Sometimes Sackers is as obtuse as I am. 🙂 Wonder if he is doing a spot of winding up here.

12. October 6, 2012 at 19:03

Nope, genuinely daft.

13. October 6, 2012 at 22:03

My research was bit inaccurate or out of date. I Googled her image and I have to be un-gentlemanly and concede that yes, she is a bit fat at the moment. And Sackerson – given that she is fat, and she is singing the new Bond theme, and when the fat lady sings it is all over (apparently)… and so, for Bond, it must be all over… Oh… You know, I am not sure this is worth all this discussion really… That’s the problem with commenting at this’ place… start it in one little way and it sucks you in. I may have to go all silent again for a while now.

14. October 6, 2012 at 22:20

Don – Your comment made me smile, well actually it made me chuckle.

I hope that doesn’t mean I am a bad person…