Days before the end of the world

The Ottawa Citizen announces:

Someone been a bit naughty then?   And in other news:

It’s not the end of the world! Russia tells citizens Armageddon will not come on December 21

Ah,the Russian leadership clearly has a hotline to God and a mortgage on the truth.

More than 500,000 pensioners ‘will be lonely at Christmas’ with just the television for company

So will I but for me it’s a blessed relief. I’ll do my Christmassing in January and rest up for this one.

The floating brothel: Book reveals the ship full of English prostitutes who were sent to Australia as convicts

Where’s the news in this? Every Oz history student knows that.

Two in five adults feel their lives have not met their childhood expectations

I never had any so mine’s wildly exceeded expectations.

6 Responses to “Days before the end of the world”

1. Wolfie December 3, 2012 at 23:19 Permalink

Its not naughty when you’re married, its a union sanctified by God.

Its what I remind my wife every time…

2. banned December 4, 2012 at 02:07 Permalink

The Russians have been told “The ministry said it had access to ‘methods of monitoring what is occurring on Earth’, and could say with confidence all will be well”
    I won’t believe it until our own loving Government confirms it.

The online Telegraph has 3 or 4 leading articles about the Royal Pregnancy, I wish them all the best but won’t be bothering with the print edition today.

3. Amfortas December 4, 2012 at 04:49 Permalink

Childhood expectations????? To be a footballer? Drive a train? Be Dan Dare? Be a nurse and marry a Prince? What astonishes is that 3 in 5 adults DO reckon they got what they expected.

4. James Higham December 4, 2012 at 05:24 Permalink

Wolfie – and not a Holy Headache in sight.

Banned – woman gets pregnant – great article.

Amfortas – Dan Dare – oh yes please.

5. Don QuiScottie December 4, 2012 at 23:50 Permalink

I have been trying to comprehend what makes you think that a man having sex with his wife is in the least bit “naughty”.

Sometimes you say the strangest things.

And after 35 years of marriage I must be a very, very bad man. And there was me thinking I had behaved myself.

6. CherryPie December 5, 2012 at 00:27 Permalink

Please explain James. I didn’t understand that thought either??

Was it humour?