Something to gladden the atheist heart

Never let it be said that we neglect you guys.  Here’s a little treat for you to convince you you’ve finally killed off that superstition:

Isn’t that great?  We can all just slouch along to our Brave New World now, secure in the knowledge that we can do it all ourselves.  Look around – we’re doing just fine, aren’t we?

Source H/T Chuckles

6 Responses to “Something to gladden the atheist heart”

1. JD December 2, 2012 at 16:06 Permalink

It’s time to get empirical
    Cos I’m so intellectual
    I hate the supernatural
    Because it’s quite unthinkable.

I’m very evangelical
    About the biochemical
    And know my mind is physical
    Exactly like my testicle.

-anon-

2. Don QuiScottie December 2, 2012 at 17:04 Permalink

” Look around – we’re doing just fine, aren’t we?”

Was there any time in humanity’s long history when you think humanity as a whole could look around and say we were doing better than now?

Not a rhetorical question. I am interested to know what times you think were better for the world and all its people than nowadays.

3. james wilson December 2, 2012 at 17:42 Permalink

Let others praise ancient times. I am glad I was born in these–
    Ovid

4. CherryPie December 2, 2012 at 21:54 Permalink

The real tragedy here is the destruction of great architecture and art. It is totally unnecessary, the buildings could have been preserved as they were (many have been) even though they are no longer used for worship.

The loss of the buildings leads to the loss of our heritage in many ways.

5. BobG December 3, 2012 at 16:29 Permalink

I agree with CherryPie. I am an atheist, but it pains me to see how the building has been allowed to decay. Churches have some magnificent architecture at times, and I can appreciate it even though I don’t believe in their teachings.

6. Steve Hayes December 4, 2012 at 10:13 Permalink

Well now, you inspired me to do a copycat post of my own on the same topic, with suitable acknowledgements, of course Something to gladden the atheist heart | Khanya