A little math should help put things in perspective for those who are convinced that the gun owners of America can’t possibly stand up to the military might that is under the control of the federal government:
In November a record 2 million guns were sold in America. This was followed up by another record in December. 2.7 million guns were sold in America in the last month of 2012…. There are 2.29 active members in the Chinese Army. There are 1.13 active members in the Indian Army.
The U.S. Army has 561,984 active personnel. Keep in mind that 600,000 men armed with rifles were sufficient to dissuade the 16 million-strong German Heer from attacking Switzerland.
Are all of those 4.7 million new guns bought by people willing to kill in order to protect their God-given liberties? No. But many, perhaps even most, were. And that is why the current media drums being pounded for gun control are going to dwindle away to silence again soon.
This one is doing the rounds. Happy to help out the 2nd Amendment boys and girls:
1. “Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not.”
2. “Those who trade liberty for security have neither.” ~ John Adams
3. Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.
4. An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.
5. Only a government that is afraid of its citizens tries to control them.
6. Gun control is not about guns; it’s about control.
7. You only have the rights you are willing to fight for.
8. Know guns, know peace, know safety.
No guns, no peace, no safety.
9. You don’t shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.
10. Assault is a behavior, not a device.
11. 64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday.
12. The United States Constitution (c) 1791. All Rights Reserved.
13. The Second Amendment is in place in case the politicians ignore the others.
14. What part of ‘shall not be infringed’ do you NOT understand?
15. Guns have only two enemies; rust and politicians.
16. When you remove the people’s right to bear arms, you create slaves.
17. The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control.