Tell me this is not overkill [1]

You might have noticed that Dearieme is running a series on Odd Sax and the pics which go along with it are quite … er … delectable for the male species and certain types of ladies. Mention was also made of the Poirot series and the seemingly endless line of lovely actresses gracing those episodes.

I just happened to capture a few of those pics and present them below.

Did I say “a few”? No matter:

ziffs

all aboard

allure

cat

dissolute

loretta

louise

brace and bit

goofus 1

shy

the corn

waiting

Another 12 tomorrow. Just what is it about those lasses which is so alluring? Physically, they’re built just like today’s women, minus obesity, they’re neither prettier in the face nor worse and yet they have that je ne sais quoi. Is it just the fashion, the style of the day or is it something more?

7 Responses to “Tell me this is not overkill [1]”

1. Mike Spilligan January 8, 2013 at 14:29 Permalink

A super selection, and apart from the lady attending (not really) to the wheel of her motor, very delectable, especially the smoking ones – though I’m a non-smoker.

2. Woodsy42 January 8, 2013 at 14:59 Permalink

They have sensuality and elegance, which modern society has replaced with sexuality and exhibitionism.

3. Don QuiScottie January 8, 2013 at 15:52 Permalink

I suspect it’s just that they are about the same age as you James.

4. lordsomber January 8, 2013 at 19:10 Permalink

Gotta respect a lady that can change a tire.

5. Twilight January 8, 2013 at 19:28 Permalink

You’d probably have fitted in well in that era, James.
    Maybe that’s where you were in your last lifetime. ;-)

6. James Higham January 8, 2013 at 20:47 Permalink

I really think I am from there. When I look at turn of the century, it doesn’t do a lot, a bit doddery and tatty but something happened and it exploded in the 20s and 30s in art, music and design.

It might go back to that – not with our generation, Twilight but with the one after the yahoos of today [about to become parents].

Woodsy’s comment says it all for me above and thanks everyone for these too.

7. CherryPie January 9, 2013 at 00:45 Permalink

They have that ‘je ne sais quoi’ air about them but so do a lot of ladies I know ;-)

So maybe Twilight is right…