10 comments for “Any [American] car you’d wish to see

1. nigly24
    February 12, 2013 at 14:30

I would like to see a deep red Studebaker Champion, like the one my father owned a long long time ago.

2. wiggiatlarge
    February 12, 2013 at 15:54

Just for a change amongst so many wonderful candidates, this rare Bucciali.

3. Amfortas
    February 12, 2013 at 16:35

Oh do come along chuckles. You are ‘having a lend’ as they say down the pub. Or a competition. That model is about as attractive as the model infront. Which wins the ‘Plain’ prize? You make me chuckle alright.

4. February 12, 2013 at 19:40

I like Wiggia’s Bucciali.

5. February 12, 2013 at 20:14

A Cord, an Auburn or a Duesenberg (a real Doozy please).

6. February 13, 2013 at 06:27

That Bucciali for me.

7. Rossa
    February 13, 2013 at 07:59

Ford’s original GT40 for me and I have a soft spot for the Dodge Viper and the Corvette. Though strictly speaking the GT40 was a collboration with the Brits as was the Shelby Cobra with AC cars.

Knew a guy in Jersey with a pink Caddy which was like a sofa on wheels. Which has just reminded me of my Dad’s old Cresta in the 60s which had the bench seats and the gear lever stuck out of the dash and the speedometer was a coloured horizontal line like a thermometer. I was about 5 or 6 then 🙂

8. Rossa
    February 13, 2013 at 08:05

The Bucciali is great. Packards looked the part and who can forget the Gran Torino in Starsky and Hutch or the Dodge Charger in Dukes of Hazzard. Great in a straight line but rubbish round the bends. Still it made for fun car chases.

9. wiggiatlarge
    February 13, 2013 at 09:16

Heres another beauty Packard Phaeton Speedster, and this of course is the problem you can just go on and on …………