Is Kate Bush a witch?

katebush

Hell, Tuesday already – where does it go? I meant to post this before her concert but things just got away. No matter, she’s still in concert at this moment.

Interesting that she opened with Lily, as it features below.

The question, of course, is whether she is a witch or just play-acting as one. Well worth exploring. I’ve done posts on her before, positive ones, which indicates that I like her, find her pretty and like her voice, as many do.

However, some days ago, I read some things about her out of the blue and began wondering.

Kate Bush would almost certainly have been burned as a witch three centuries ago but then again, she’d not have been so open about it all back then. The most intriguing thing, to me, is how she is certainly claimed by various occult groups as one of them.

Let’s start with a detractor.  There’s a form of “Christianity” which is “burn the witch, burn her”, as Python parodied and this makes it impossbile for the milder Christians to get to any sort of truth or hearing.

Though I decry the tone in this quote below, it doesn’t necessarily disqualify everything claimed. So, to the question – is she a witch?

You have to ask? She’s one of the most blasphemous artists of all time. Every album, every song, every sentiment is a testimony to her beliefs. You could make a lifetime study of her occult offerings. It’s easy to look around the internet and see how actual covens adore and make lengthy studies of Kate’s work. There are numerous witches online who make no bones about how Kate’s songs often include snippets of actual occult rituals. You won’t see this on Wikipedia though. It’s not mentioned whatsoever. Typical for Wikipedia, a gate with powerful gatekeepers.

So I gulped, bit the bullet and went to a few covens, from satanist to pagan to see what they felt on the subject. The feeling towards her was very much that she was “one of us”.

One lady described her as a “spiritual empath” and she was clearly trying to defend Kate from any charge of things untoward.

More open was this below, from a witch on a site dedicated to all these pentagrams and things, plus various Artemis types etc.:

This gem of the vastly neglected genre of ‘occult rock opera’ is from Kate’s short film The Line, the Cross, and the Curve and features a song from her album Red Shoes. We came across it recently while describing the underlying structure of the Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram to a couple members of our working group that were only passingly familiar with it.

She neither confirms or denies it, herself, of course, our Kate.

Her online history goes back to about age 7, up to her coming out via Dave Gilmour at 17 and then her career took off and she went weird.

Again, from a few occult sites, rather than either the “burn her” “Christians” who know at least something or mainstream pundits who know nothing, they all give her at least an indirect connection with the Golden Dawn. A look at her life with Gilmour, himself certainly Golden Dawn and Mason, Gabriel and others in that circle leads to the obvious question – can a person inhabit a space, look up to her idols in it, then develop themes and lyrics along the lines of Golden Dawn and yet not have anything whatsoever to do with it?

The closest straight reviewers get is to express incredulity that she could do Wuthering Heights and then the Dreaming and later Running up the Hill and confess themselves bamboozled by what she’s getting at. Well, no need to wonder – Lily is explained above.

The impression I get is that while she plays the image up for all it’s worth and at the same time is secretive about her life, she knows a bit too much about it all to not have some connection.

[By the way, as I’m typing this, both my nostrils have started bleeding and small stabs of pain are going through the body. Interesting, huh? So, with nostrils stuffed with tissue, I’ll finish this.]

One interesting thing I’ve noticed is that attacking sacred cows gets the most extraordinary reactions from straight people. I could write anything about Miley Cyrus and it’s obvious that that’s a girl gone bad. Hardly a murmur from anyone. I could write anything about Paris Hilton and people wouldn’t bat an eyelid. Marilyn Manson – ditto.

But Kate’s the darling of quite a few people, therefore a prime target to explore, and sure enough, there’s quite a bit about her. We couldn’t be coming up to Hallowe’en could we? When’s Kate’s last concert in the series?

Bv_4YILIIAAzaRM

37 comments for “Is Kate Bush a witch?

1. August 26, 2014 at 23:35

Bullshit. At this rate these these paranoiacs will be burning anyone who looks a bit witchy at the stake. Don’t encourage them, James.

PS Wouldn’t be anything to do with her being Jewish, would it? You know – first cousin to the Rothschilds, and all that?

2. ivan
    August 27, 2014 at 00:22

Become well known and a lot of weird people will claim anything about you that might boost their own standing. That is taken to the Nth degree if you are famous. Then there are those that see conspiracy everywhere they look, closely followed by the ‘reds under the bed’ brigade and we shouldn’t forget the twats on twitter or those on facebook all trying to appear for their five minutes in the spotlight.

So, like Ian, I say don’t encourage them in any way.

3. August 27, 2014 at 02:44

Weird is as weird does.

4. JD
    August 27, 2014 at 11:52

No. Don’t be silly 🙂
    She writes music, sings and performs music. Same as the others you mention at the beginning, she is creative.
    Asking if she is a witch, you are implying that she is a force of or used by ‘evil’ You need to understand that ‘evil’ is not a creative force, it is destructive.
    Music is the very opposite of ‘evil’ and before you say Schoenburg, that is not music, it is a product of reason a product of the intellect. “The dream of reason calls forth monsters”

Kate Bush is a musician.
    “Music is…….the breath of the soul, the contours of the path of a hummingbird in flight, and the wind that carries it, music shapes and shivers into endless colours, nuanced and diverse, and eternally creative. It is spirit taking form.”
    – Dr Jason Martineau

• August 27, 2014 at 12:20

Yes, silly me. It was only Gilmour and Gabriel who were Golden Dawn. She, on the other hand, was completely innocent.

“Music is the very opposite of ‘evil’ and before you say Schoenburg, that is not music, it is a product of reason a product of the intellect.”

Wagner? Nero? Zeppelin? Stones? 🙂

• Claire Reade
      December 3, 2014 at 22:27

Errrrm! Are you saying that witches are evil. ?? I think you need to educate yourself on what witchcraft is. Having never met Kate Bush I’m unable to say if she is or is not. Who cares. You either like her music or not. Being a practising witch for over 25 years now I can say that some of her lyrics are ritual based and some also refer to the earth as “The Mother,” These are in line with witchcraft belief systems. That doesn’t mean to say that she is a witch. She also sings about other subjects. From her interviews it is my understanding that she sings about what inspires her at the time. Perhaps it is as simple as that.

5. Harry
    August 27, 2014 at 14:42

How odd that I’ve been pondering the very same questions since seeing the documentary on the BBC over the weekend. I’ve always liked her and her music so it inspired me to find out a bit more about her. First stop was her website. In short, it’s awash with occult symbolism and imagery. So much so I was tempted to dig a little deeper. Maybe some time in the future I will. Just as an example, what is exactly is this meant to represent?

Her label is called ‘Fish People’ and as can be seen from her website this is represented as a human body with a fishes head. Taking all the other occult imagery, lyrics etc into account I’d be very surprised if this wasn’t an allusion to the ‘Dogon’ or ‘Dagon’ who ‘was originally an Assyro-Babylonian fertility god’. From there we can go to Sirius and end up back at the Papacy.

Should we be surprised? Not really, it seems standard music industry fare for so many these days.

Ian, Kate Bush went to a convent school and grew up Catholic.

• August 27, 2014 at 15:56

I never try to convince the utterly convinced, Harry. I just let it go. They’re quite right on so many other topics.

• August 27, 2014 at 20:18

Ethnically Jewish. Check her details.

• Harry
        August 27, 2014 at 23:34

“Bush was born in Sidcup, Kent (now within London),[7] to English medical doctor Robert Bush and his Irish wife, Hannah Daly.[8] She was raised as a Roman Catholic[9] in their farmhouse in East Wickham with her older brothers, John and Paddy.”

“Bush attended St Joseph’s Convent Grammar School, a Catholic girls’ school (later part of St Mary’s and St Joseph’s School, Sidcup), in Woolwich Road, Abbey Wood, South East London, in the mid-1970s.”

I’ll be happy to be proved wrong if you can direct me to the evidence.

• Claire Reade
          December 3, 2014 at 22:29

So what. So did I and I’m Pagan.

6. JD
    August 27, 2014 at 14:57

We men of study, whose heads are in our books, have need to be straightly looked after! We dream in our waking moments, and walk in our sleep.
    ~ Nathaniel Hawthorne

7. rs
    August 27, 2014 at 20:02

whoever does not confess Christ appearing in the flesh 2000 years ago is antichrist. That simple. She is your standard delusional sensuous person going round in a sea of dead dreams that have no fruit, clouds with out the water of life. Silly woman, silly Gilmour. Pop tastic crap.

8. Lewis
    February 9, 2015 at 18:33

And what’s wrong with being a “witch”? Let people do what they want. Unless Ms. Bush is physically harming you, I don’t see why it is an issue at all. Abrahamic religions re so close-minded.

• February 9, 2015 at 20:24

The issue isn’t a narrow criterion of immediate physical harm, is it? Slightly more than that, wouldn’t you say?

9. ST John
    April 4, 2015 at 02:20

Yes, Kate Bush considers herself to be a white witch – which we all know, there’s no such thing, as all witchcraft is demonic and comes from the devil. ppl who listen to her music are infected with demons – and if you’re a true KB fan you will hear her voice in your head all the time. God bless you all!

10. chris
    April 6, 2015 at 14:49

Excellent article. Well if she is related to the Rothschilds then it doesn’t surprise me she got a contract. Check out all the other secret “music” satanists and ask yourself “I wonder how on earth they made it”. Unless you’re brainwashed obsessive fans of course.

11. em
    July 8, 2015 at 21:07

Kate seems to be at least very aware of something called 4th way, a teaching by G.I. Gurdjieff. She mentions him in the song ‘Them Heavy People’ and there are many mentions of it collected here: http://gaffa.org/dreaming/e2_gurd.html

However she doesn’t actually seem to be very involved with that other than making a few references. It seems it’s her two older brothers who sparked that interest. I’ve a feeling she just takes different teachings and influences and adapts it for herself.

12. Joy
    November 23, 2015 at 09:59

Yes, I agree. She is knee deep in this shit. She is yet another musical puppet carrying the message of satin, like her friend David Bowie. She is worshipping the sun god. She has the usual occult messages in her work. If you look at her video, Sat in your lap and Beyoncé Bow down they have similar hallmarks of occult and illuminati. There are jesters in her video, the tricksters, setting the delusions on us. There is so much stuff I really don’t know where to start.

• November 23, 2015 at 10:46

Yes, it seems pretty conclusive, Joy.

• Steve
      December 1, 2015 at 02:35

What’s wrong with the worship of Satin?

• December 1, 2015 at 08:23

Yes, I quite like satin too – lovely smooth cloth.

• April 11, 2017 at 10:01

Where does one begin to say what is wrong. You will slip on it.

13. Steve
    December 1, 2015 at 02:33

This is sub-tabloid commentary. I think you are trying to promote your own “witchy” credentials in this most UN-insightful posting. Just who and what are you …and your references?

• December 1, 2015 at 08:28

Find out for yourself – it’s all out there. I just raised the question and you answered it – yes she likely is. Ta.

14. Chi
    March 4, 2016 at 16:10

She is a witch. Evil and self absorbed. Don’t burn them. Leave them for the Father to exact his vengeance.

15. Peter
    March 10, 2016 at 11:56

I know people who worked with Kate; sadly, they think she is a Christian. I have met Kate 3 times before I became a born-again Christian – and with hindsight I now know she is a witch or a messed up old lady on hush who most of her life doesn’t own her mind – the devil owns her and that’s why the world worships her – she belongs to them. All her music is demonic – one of her songs Running up that hill ( a deal with God) was originally to be called A deal with the devil – but she decided to call it deal with God instead, to make it sound better and Christian etc.

16. jd
    August 19, 2016 at 14:33

Strange thing. I have always been a “truth Seeker” I admit. I was listening to a video on You Tube yesterday “Walter Veith on the Occult Agenda” he has amazing insight and documentation, worth checking out. After listening it stayed with me when I went to bed last night pondering over what I had learned. I woke a few times a bit frightened hearing strange noises… when I awoke this morning and walked into the kitchen to make coffee my stereo came on all by itself and it was playing Kate Bush “under the Ivy” I believe is the title, I thought how strange and then I remembered the lecture by Walter Veith….. I then googled Kate Bush and the Occult and that is what brought me here.

17. August 19, 2016 at 15:33

Thing is that it’s not disputed greatly by those on that side themselves – many references are made in articles to her being one of the faithful. It’s disputed by rationalists mainly.

18. Hannah
    April 11, 2017 at 02:59

What’s wrong with witchcraft? Witches have killed less people than christians, even if she practiced Brujería like Azealia Banks, what’s it to you?

• April 11, 2017 at 03:20

What’s wrong with jihadis? They’ve killed fewer people than Hitler. What’s wrong with rapists? They’ve had less sex with women than the majority of men. And what’s wrong with Charlie Manson? Hell, his lot hardly killed any.

• Distant Relative
        April 11, 2017 at 08:06

“And what’s wrong with Charlie Manson?” Hmmmm. *Sucks air* It’s that man again 🙂 http://mileswmathis.com/tate.pdf “The Tate Murders were a False Flag and the Greatest Unknown Success Story of Project CHAOS” I think he’s on the money with this.

• Distant Relative
          April 18, 2017 at 19:05

Alternative link https://web.archive.org/web/20170223212912/http://mileswmathis.com/tate.pdf

Mathis’s site is no longer accessible. (Since 14/4) Rumours around the web coming from people alleging to know him personally say that he has suddenly gone uncharacteristically incommunicado and emails to him have been returned unopened. Many of his papers are in the Wayback machine. If I can remember where I posted links to them on N.O I will amend accordingly when I get time.

19. April 11, 2017 at 10:04

Its a long time since we Christians burnt a witch.

20. Penseivat
    April 12, 2017 at 12:07

Whether she’s a witch or not, I still believe that one in Kate Bush is worth two in the hand.

21. April 12, 2017 at 12:52

Yes, I like a bit of Bush too.