Friday

1. Hairwashing day:

2. From Unz, a summary of what’s going on in America:

“Let’s all talk about the time a powerful man found me erotically irresistible. It was hot uh permanently traumatizing. And I deserve money. Or at least attention. And pity. Or envy. And an engagement ring from him.”

3. If they won’t even do their own effing job:

An owner was forced to retrieve her stolen caravan from a traveller site after police refused to enter, claiming that it was unsafe.

Officers from Cambridgeshire police were called by Helen Cox, 44, after her family caravan was taken from a farm near her home in Ely.

4.  Sigh – the Tesla truck and roadster:

We so excited.

5. Someone’s not too pleased with wimmin. The Haggening:

My friends, all of these pale into insignificance when a man has the sheer temerity, the jaw dropping genius to invent an app that removes makeup from photos of women.

6.  Meanwhile, from haiku, the Dream Chaser:

[H/T Chuckles and haiku]

7 comments for “Friday

1. dearieme
    November 17, 2017 at 11:09

Somebody should provide some software for the web that lets me read in black on white what some moron has decided to publish in white on dark.

The “white” of ‘black on white’ should preferably be very pale grey rather than shiny white. Like wot yer Hob does.

• November 17, 2017 at 11:13

Really annoys me too. Inexperienced bloggers often do it. They don’t understand the issues for us with eyesight issues.

2. microdave
    November 17, 2017 at 13:00

Try holding down the Ctrl key and dragging over the problem text with your left mouse button. This “highlighting” often helps with reading difficulties. If it doesn’t you can always copy/paste the highlighted content it into a simple text editor. I know that shouldn’t be necessary, but if you really need to read something it’s better than nothing…

• November 17, 2017 at 13:47

Yes, the white on dark bloggers really do cause problems [I know some are reading this]. 🙂

• dearieme
      November 17, 2017 at 14:46

Thanks, Dave, but fuck’em. They can stick their incivility up their arses. Not a word will I read.

3. November 18, 2017 at 14:49

Though I may be somewhat guilty of using reverse text (white on black) I understand its limits as my own eyesight is on the decline.
    Keep a serif font, and don’t go under 10-11 points. Especially in print.

• November 18, 2017 at 17:27

Unless of course you’re trying to torture readers [or art gallery viewers]. 🙂

10 point is mighty small.