Saturday

1. Ah, those homecooked meals, I pine for them:

And if she turns into a tigress in the bedroom later, so much the better. Real women never get tired. 🙂

2. Time of the latchkey children.  This is what it’s come to:

Just one out of every 11 mothers is now a stay-at-home mum, according to the latest figures from the Office for National Statistics. The decline of the traditional housewife and the rise of the working mother has been one of the major societal shifts of the past 50 years.

3. Interesting that The Telegraph chose not to put this clearly “Premium” type story behind their paywall:

I’ve “seen things” too, darling, like you going for the big payout.

4.  The good oil on that alien spaceship:

5.  From Microdave:

More on going off-grid in UK

Check the comments.

6. Finally, some good advice:

[H/T Chuckles and haiku]

7 comments for “Saturday

1. wolfie
    December 16, 2017 at 11:48

I do all the cooking over Christmas, no apron though. Two weeks of roast turkey and lamb with enough left for a few days of scavenging. The secret is to cook slightly pissed.

• The Blocked Dwarf
      December 16, 2017 at 12:29

I do all the cooking all the time, because letting a Paranoid Psychotic near sharp things and heavy blunt objects like cast iron pans is not necessarily a *good* idea, and instead of an apron I have an old t-shirt. We don’t do Xmas so I expect ‘Xmas dinner’ will be Spag Bol (as last year) or Schnitzel with fries. Mind you if I happen to be in a good mood I might be persuaded to cook Kaspressknödel …maybe

BLOODY TURKS from the chippy downstairs put up a sign yesterday that they’ll be closed from Xmas until 02.01.18 ! I don’t know, these foreigners…come over here…and within a couple of years they have acquired all our lazy Great British traits! Inte-fuckingration my arse!

• December 16, 2017 at 12:57

they’ll be closed from Xmas

Ingrates.

The secret is to cook slightly pissed.

Absolutely, because you’re then thrown onto instinct for proportions and you worry less but know when you must attend. My very best meals have been when I’m S.P. and singing arias.

2. December 16, 2017 at 12:44

It’s probably been said before, but there’s some irony that there’s so many women (moreso than men, IMHO) who are “foodies” but so few who know how to cook.

3. ivan
    December 17, 2017 at 00:50

Regarding the ‘going off grid’.

This is nothing more than a watermelon doing a good job of blowing his own trumpet, or in modern speak virtue signalling.

There is no way a real household in the UK can get all their electricity from solar panels especially when they are not in optimum orientation or angle. Disconnect the house from the mains and they would be lost.

I could go on about the necessary weekly cleaning of the panels, the fact that the small number of panels would preclude an all electric house and so on but if I got started it would end up much too long.

• December 17, 2017 at 02:05

As a friend of mine is discovering.