Parfum

This one’s just for the boys:

1. Anaïs Anaïs was an eau de toilette from 1978 to 1985. What was the firm?
2. Citrus top-notes, middle cistus labdanum, mossy-animalic base-note -family?
3. Base of lavender, coumarin and oakmoss – family of perfumes?
4. Poison was sold by which firm?
5. Oriental would have which key ingredients in it?
6. Floral is old-worldly. What No. Chanel was hugely popular?
7. If eau de toilette and eau de parfum are in rising order of strength, what are the two categories either side of these middling ones?

11 comments for “Parfum

1. The Blocked Dwarf
    January 18, 2018 at 18:13

4.Dior (I know because when we met The Bestes Frau In The World had just been given a bottle of the stuff as present….until she realised just how ‘hochmütig’ ie ‘prideful’ / sinful it was. )

2. Distant Relative
    January 18, 2018 at 18:15

1 wha…???
    2 The Greys – Earl and Lady
    3 Radox
    4 Boots
    5 Soy sauce

6 has gotta be 5
    7 taking a punt at cologne (Bonaparte is said to have liked it – buff said) and parfum – the neat stuff which costs much wonga.

What was that awful ad circa mid 70’s with the jingle “I’ve bin sweet and I’ve bin good. I’ve had a whole full day of motherhood but…..” I know, I’m sad for remembering it……

3. January 18, 2018 at 18:17

Got one right, got one right! Mazin!

What brought all this on was that I’ve a character in the book currently being written called Anaïs.

• Distant Relative
      January 18, 2018 at 18:23

Not the OO and the [brain]storm then? 😀

PS “nuff” said not damned auto-correct buff

• The Blocked Dwarf
      January 18, 2018 at 18:27

Oh bugger! Just noticed you wrote ‘sold by’ and not ‘made by’ for Poison. You got me .

4. January 18, 2018 at 18:40

1. Cacharel
    2. Chypre
    3. Fougeres
    4. Dior
    5. Oriental – spicy notes that come from exotic parts of the world, usually the Middle and Far East: cinnamon, clove, vanilla, pepper, mace, nutmeg etc.
    6. Chanel N5
    7. Eau de Cologne is weakest, Parfum is strongest.

5. Doonhamer
    January 18, 2018 at 19:09

2 is Laphroaig
    4 is IT Farben

6. January 19, 2018 at 02:08

I pray no one here actually enjoyed “Jitterbug Perfume.”