The roar of a toothless lion

My Russian mate and I are discussing this matter and his view is that it is crazy to provoke Britain.  I explained that my view and that of many of us in Britain and America is the same as Vox Day’s [via Chuckles]:

I fail to see the point of Britain’s posturing here, unless the neocons are going to try to get their Russian war in an indirect fashion:

Theresa May vowed to expel 23 Russian spies today as she laid out Britain’s retaliation over the Salisbury nerve gas outrage. In the biggest diplomatic swipe for decades, the Prime Minister gave the ‘undeclared intelligence agents’ a week to leave the country and suspended ‘all high level contact’ with the country.

Mrs May also paved the way for a crackdown on Russian oligarch money in London and urged the international community to join sanctions.

As tensions with Moscow reached new lows, the premier also suggested that covert reprisals would be undertaken – in an apparent hint at cyber attacks.

Mrs May said she was determined that the package would ‘fundamentally degrade Russian intelligence’ capability in the UK.

Theresa May won’t stand up to the European Union and she can’t protect British girls from being raped and murdered by third-world invaders, but she’s going to stand up to Vladimir Putin and Russia. Sure she is.

At least she’s been able to defend the British Isles from Brittany Pettibone!

I have a personal interest in this issue as I was on the end of it when Gordon Brown went full tosspot, p***ed off Putin and we were thrown out of Russia in reprisal.  it was expected we would reapply and pay big sums to do so, I didn’t.

May is threatening every Brit in Russia.

Some other viewpoints:

12 comments for “The roar of a toothless lion

1. rapscallion
    March 15, 2018 at 08:49

Besides, where’s the evidence that it was Russia ?

• March 15, 2018 at 09:00

My Russian mate thinks it was but he’s biased in his own way. I think it was the Deep State, although the nature of the drug pulls it Russia’s way again.

Personally I don’t care which- issue is May’s using it to distract attention from Telford and all the others.

• Bill
      March 15, 2018 at 15:53

Where’s the evidence of anything?

2. Distant Relative
    March 15, 2018 at 10:57

Just a storm in a convenient samovar to distract. Much like the rest of the “news”.

3. dearieme
    March 15, 2018 at 12:27

“unless the neocons are going to try to get their Russian war in an indirect fashion”: aye, the CIA dunnit, perhaps?

• Mark Matis
      March 15, 2018 at 20:18

Or more likely MI6 with help from the CIA, NSA, and BND. ALL of them have the capability to manufacture or obtain the alleged poison. The UK has an extradition treaty with the US, which is why Assange is stuck in the Ecuadorian embassy. Skripal was neck deep in the Clinton dossier, and the US Congress would have liked to interview him under oath. I’m sure it’s a coincidence that he will now be unavailable for a while.

And of course the UK refuses to give Russia a sample of the poison they allegedly used.

• Distant Relative
        March 16, 2018 at 10:27

“Skripal was neck deep in the Clinton dossier, and the US Congress would have liked to interview him under oath.”

That should shorten the list of suspects.

4. March 16, 2018 at 02:21

Theresa May won’t do anything to protect British girls from being raped and murdered but she will do her best to provide a distraction to get that story off the front page.

Theresa May is pure evil.

5. March 16, 2018 at 05:25

Of course, the Russian President might want to get rid of someone pesky but there are so many ways that it can be done discretely without pointing one of those huge foam fingers that are waved around in footy matches, right at Putins arse, holding a sign saying “It wuz me!”

‘Military grade’ nerve agent? As opposed to over-the-counter oil of cloves I suppose. And within a shout of Porton Down too. Oh very good Mr Putin. That’ll throw’em off the scent. And it would have to because the entire official and media reaction stinks.

6. Distant Relative
    March 16, 2018 at 11:16
    • March 16, 2018 at 16:44

Sara and I follow each other.

7. March 16, 2018 at 12:25

Cheers all, have read. Just got back from an all in fight in town.

Comments are closed.