There was a poll of basically royalist supporters at the Express who were 55% for her and I’d say that across the country, it’s evens. I’m still in two minds about her.
1. The paedo’s mate Airmiles Andy intensely dislikes her.
2. Look, she’s just this gal trying to make good, she heard the tick-tock and trapped her girlhood dream prince. She’s secured the most gauche of the royals, the meathead.
3. “Duchess of Connaught” should set off a war with Ireland. One wag suggest “Duchess of Botswana”. Duchess of Southern? Duchess of Suits? Duchess of Zane?
4. She’s pretty enough in a way, underneath the caked-on makeup and she can’t help the spindle-shanks.
1. That divorce and the nasty and fast way it was done for what seemed climbing reasons.
2. The climbing itself.
3. The insincerity and gaucheness.
4. The dysfunctional family.
5. The dogs – one commenter wrote:
I think she should have the title Duchess of Battersea to remember the rescue dog she abandoned to come to the UK.
6. The things she was prepared to do onscreen, no shame.
7. That bloody femininazism and PCism.
Just thinking – if Megs was Rachel Zane in suits and Hairy was [ahem], does that make him InZane to marry her? [I’d get my coat, were we not coming into spring.]