10 comments for “Partisan statues

1. The Blocked Dwarf
    April 25, 2018 at 07:11

Back when I was at Secondary Modern school, we learnt all about Famous British Women…and even some foreign ones cos our school was a bit ‘with it’. So when the recent shit about there not being enough women on our bank notes broke, I was one of the few people who had actually heard of Ada Lovelace- for example.

I’ve heard of the Pankhursts, Emily Davidson, Nightingale, Cavell, Szabo and countless other famous women. But my reaction to PMT.May’s latest stunt was “WHo?”.

2. April 25, 2018 at 08:51

Just on the binning of your comments – in a peculiar, twisted way, it’s actually a badge of honour to be binned by WordPress/Akismet because it recognizes regulars and bins them.

You do know it does it to me too? I can’t comment on my own site, except via a backdoor.

This is why our longest term readers get moderated – bizarre but to lower the defences would mean all sorts of nasties getting in. Best not to mess with the defences.

• Distant Relative
      April 25, 2018 at 09:36

There seems to have been a new feature added (by WP) as I now get to see other’s comments disappear in real time. In particular one of Bill’s last night. His comment appeared at the top of the Words of Wisdom sidebar preceded by the black dot. Then the comment vanished but the black dot remained for a few seconds leaving a blank space atop the column. Then the black dot disappeared and the blank space closed up. The same thing happened to one of my comments a few days ago.

3. Bill
    April 25, 2018 at 09:43

What is it within us that trusts the words of the historians, the make it up media of the day and ‘experts’ to tell ‘the truth’ about the the politicians of the past when the current mob and all the way back to the Wilson & Heath era (my earliest recollection of politics) are proven liars?

• Chuckles
      April 25, 2018 at 11:10

There’s nowt I trust ‘cept me and thee, and I’m not so sure about thee.

• Bill
        April 25, 2018 at 11:25

Must say on second glance at that statue it looks very Sontaran.

• April 25, 2018 at 14:55

Must say on second glance at that statue it looks very Sontaran.

Yep. It’s a great statue. He looks like a psychopathic alien with no human feelings whatsoever. The sculptor captured the man’s true nature perfectly.

4. Distant Relative
    April 25, 2018 at 10:09

“What is it within us that trusts the words of the historians, the make it up media of the day and ‘experts’ to tell ‘the truth’…” Bill

Absolutely nothing once one reads about “Operation Mockingbird”. The “experts” colluding with state TV therefore are also best avoided.

5. The Blocked Dwarf
    April 25, 2018 at 11:18

There’s truth and then there is the Gruandad live stream : “A delegation of around 40 Labour MPs and peers marched Jewish MP Ruth Smeeth to give evidence at an expulsion hearing”[sic]