18 comments for “Cumbershepherdcottagewhatsit pie

1. The Blocked Dwarf
    May 26, 2018 at 16:41

” Need a full stomach to fight Blocked Dwarf on Brexit.”

No fight, we disagree that’s all ( a’fight’ would imply someone could ‘win’). I suspect we agree on the Irish referendum (remember my point about referenda for constitutional issues always being a bad idea?).

But to ‘return’ your remark in a similar vein ; “arguing with Brexiteurs makes me lose my lunch” 😛

• May 26, 2018 at 16:50

And what are you culinarily [not carnally] indulging in this eve?

• The Blocked Dwarf
        May 26, 2018 at 17:11

Plain cheeseburger and fries from the chippy downstairs. Ticks all the nutritional boxes. Tomorrow I shall cook but today i have spent far too long on Baker’s Magic Sheet.

• May 26, 2018 at 17:19

The name of your loo?

We’ve just been discussing cuisine on Twitter and agreed we need to be half sloshed before cooking.

• The Blocked Dwarf
            May 26, 2018 at 18:23

Loo? Usually ‘das Klo’ (from the Latin I think originally) or if the IBS is bad then ‘der Scheiterhaufen’ (means a ‘a pile of faggots/stake for the burning of heretics’ etc and is also a word play, a rather clever Low German wordplay).

Strange questions you ask.

Half sloshed before cooking? Hell, back when I was a drunk, I needed 3 fingers of scotch just to brave the supermarket to buy ingredients, and when cooking I made Keith Floyd look like the bloody Sally Army!.

• Mudplugger
      May 26, 2018 at 22:02

After Brexit, when the Europeans decide they don’t want to sell us all their excess production of strange foodstuffs, we’ll all be making Cumbershepherdcottagewhatsit Pie, entirely from indigenous ingredients to support our own agriculture industry. Sounds like a good diet plan to me.

But pretty soon the foreigners will realise the error of their ways, when their rioting farmers, vintners and pizza producers take to the streets, so they’ll then be back begging at our shores for more of our easy pounds to sustain them all in profligate luxury once more. Stay strong, brothers, life can still be good without brie, prosecco and BMWs, indeed some would say better.

2. dearieme
    May 26, 2018 at 18:45

Ham salad with a glass of cyder (Suffolk spelling). We’ll probably try out several mustards including our new Polish one.

• May 26, 2018 at 19:47

Cyder with Rosey. Polish mustard – strong?

• dearieme
        May 27, 2018 at 00:25

No, mild – rather like many German mustards. We compared it with Dijon; the Polish went far better with ham.

We jazzed up a salad bag with sorrel, lemon balm, and parsley from the garden. Worked a treat. The Jersey Royals were pretty good too.

3. Chuckles
    May 26, 2018 at 20:05

I went in to the Polish shop the other day, but they didn’t have any.

• May 26, 2018 at 20:11

Oh no, have they let you off the leash again – I keep telling ’em.

• Mudplugger
      May 26, 2018 at 21:49

By coincidence, I was driving through a town in Lincolnshire earlier this week when I saw a sign above a retail premises merely stating ‘Polish Shop’ and my first though was to question whether there was enough demand for lustre-inducing materials to sustain it.

• May 26, 2018 at 22:59

It’s the “spit and” bit I object to.

4. Ubermouth
    May 27, 2018 at 05:14

Steamed baby carrots,broccoli,courgette,brussel sprouts and fresh fiddleheads with Japanese noodles.
    And a diet coke 🙂

5. May 27, 2018 at 17:13

Penne rigate with leftover roast chicken and fresh rosemary.

• May 27, 2018 at 17:58

How do you get any chicken to be leftover?

• May 28, 2018 at 01:38

Mr Arthur had cooked a whole chicken (look up “beer can chicken”) last week so it took a couple days to finish it off.

Plus, the hot weather here seems to kill off appetites, let alone wanting to spend time in a hot kitchen.