Purely conjecture, total speculation you understand

Apologies to Buddy Holly:

Please don’t tell, no, no, no
Don’t say that I told you so
I just heard a rumour from a certain site

I don’t say that it’s true
I’ll just leave that up to you
If you don’t believe, well that’s your right

You’ll recall a girl that’s news – well, almost every day
This is what I’ve heard, of course the tale could be astray

She’s the one, I’ve been told
Wearing her THIRD bright band of gold

Rachel Megs got married long long ago-o-oh-a-ho-ho.

And the gossip? That this is Megs’s third marriage, not her second.

It was a Northwestern University alumni and now criminal lawyer named Joseph Goldman-Guiliano. The relationship lasted for 2 years but ended up in an annulment.

In the United States, annulment is almost identical to a divorce but it’s a legal declaration that the marriage never occurred. Hence, it’s hard to find any paper trails about this marriage.

There are also rumours that she had a child from this marriage who was adopted. Not sure how true or accurate these rumours are, but I’ve seen it reported several times in article comments sections.

17 comments for “Purely conjecture, total speculation you understand

1. Distant Relative
    May 6, 2018 at 08:44

“..It was a Northwestern University alumni and now criminal lawyer named Joseph Goldman-Guiliano. . …”

Nope.

“Joseph Goldberg-Giuliano is an experienced criminal defense attorney whose private practice office is in Somerville, Massachusetts. Since 2008 his firm has earned a reputation for excellence in courtroom advocacy and client service.

He attended Northeastern University where he received his Bachelor of Arts in Political Science. After working in politics for two years, he enrolled in Suffolk University Law School, where he focused his coursework on criminal law and procedures.” This is from his business web page. Make friends with duckduck – might eliminate the risk of future litigation 😉

Conclusion: Try harder 🙂

• May 6, 2018 at 08:45

‘His’ business webpage. Gospel, eh?

Try harder. 🙂

• Distant Relative
        May 6, 2018 at 09:19
        • May 6, 2018 at 09:59

Yes but that alters nothing. Ask ‘him’? Not unlike asking Pol Pot if he did anything wrong, asking Vlad, asking May if she’s pro-Brexit.

Your approach surprises me, DR, fearless investigator taking no prisoners – almost as if you’d like him to be innocent. This is worth exploring in itself. 🙂

• Distant Relative
            May 6, 2018 at 10:15

Makes no diff to me whether he is or not. If I had time and resources I would contact the Uni to confirm or deny. Or look into marriage records etc etc but that would cost money too to access thoroughly.

Your posting salacious gossip is a surprise to me. But hey! Your blog, your rules, your ad homs.

Ciao

• Layra
      May 19, 2020 at 20:35

He went to Northeastern, not northwestern. You can see it on his linkedin profile.

2. Distant Relative
    May 6, 2018 at 09:46

If the marriage goes ahead it will not be the first time a member of the monarchy has married a woman of colour.

• May 6, 2018 at 10:25

Just been looking at the various available portraits and trying to date them. Very difficult to pin one down which we can be sure is contemporary.

At the risk of spreading ‘salacious gossip’ and ‘ad hom’ about the dear lady, she doesn’t come across in most portraits as being particularly negroid.

Of course I could be completely wrong on her and also on the good lawyer and I bow to your superior digging.

3. Bill
    May 6, 2018 at 11:01

“Joseph Goldberg-Giuliano will fight tirelessly to protect your future.”

He is a lawyer and can no more protect ‘your future’ than Megs can marry the ginger chap.

• Gez Taylot
      May 23, 2020 at 15:01

Well, it happened, she’s both married our Harry and manoeuvred him over to your side of the pond where I believe he will awake to just how much he loved and depended on those who supported him. I think particularly of his brother, his sister in law and his pal since Eton days, Tommy Inskip (Skippy) his father and of course our Queen.

4. May 6, 2018 at 11:02

Hope you’re both having a good Sunday anyway.

Now, let’s just say that she did form a bond with the unnamable lawyer, seems to me it would hardly be hypergamy to drop him for the middle one but then it would be marrying up again with Hal.

Unless other factors are involved, such as physical attraction. Would that factor be present with our Hal?

5. Penseivat
    May 6, 2018 at 12:22

Really, who gives a monkeys? Their marriage will have no discernable effect on their access to the throne and if they make each other happy, which is only what we want for ourselves, then good luck to them.
    Now, if she was a 24 year old Ukranian blonde, I would advise the whole Royal family, including Harry, to look both ways before (carefully) crossing the road.
    Can we now get on to more important topics, such as why are black American rap artists so interested in gardening that they keep referring to hoes?

• May 6, 2018 at 12:27

Yes, we should stick to the important topics, like fission and fusion, which everyone is so vitally interested in.

6. dearieme
    May 6, 2018 at 12:44

“a Northwestern University alumni”: alumni as singular? Do me a favour, guv.

I’m used to the idea that Americans and Englishmen always mispronounce the ruddy word but at least they might get its ‘number’ right.

• May 6, 2018 at 12:52

Any alumnus worth his salt would get it right.

• Mark Matis
        May 6, 2018 at 15:05

But if they are sufficiently rotund, should they not be referred to in the plural? I mean, for God’s sake, there’s Rosie O’Donnell. Or Michael Moore…

• dearieme