Sunday

Not going to make any snide remarks about Third Time Meg such as “you can take the girl out of the hood but …”, nor make any reference to George and Anal Clooney and the other Z listers, nor about that hot gospeller anti-Trumper drone, nor make any reference to the F word, nor about what this has done to the monarchy, nor about the new special meaning imparted to the term Black Nobility.

Not going to do any of that but just to wish the happy couple their few months of bliss. And she won’t be trapped in a royal prison in England – no doubt she can go on perpetual holiday like the other royals, including Colleen Rooney.

Late entry, via Chuckles:

Good to see Charles stepping in there and walking Megan down the aisle, and appropriate since he’s not related to either of them. Probably agreed to get an invite to the wedding?

N.O. doth strongly recommend this post on the wedding, by fos:

We also recommend you bookmark that site.

Lastly for now – Mourinho’s year at Man U?

24 comments for “Sunday

1. The Blocked Dwarf
    May 20, 2018 at 05:24

Bacon- God’s way of telling Mohammedans (and Vegans) that they are wrong.

2. James Strong
    May 20, 2018 at 06:15

Not going to point out the smart-arse nastiness of your comment about Meghan Markle.

• fos
      May 20, 2018 at 09:12

My smart-arse response: If you’re not going to point it out, then why do just that?

The problem is that the objections are never made at the early stages, out of politeness or fear of condemnation. The fraud rumbles on until only the possibility of a Higham Primal Scream (HPS) remains.

Because of her origins and background she is largely untouchable. The compliant idiots in the MSM are telling us that she has brought a breath of fresh air into the stuffy monarchy. Whatever.

I have great respect for Higham’s straightforwardness – I wish I had half his courage to mount such cavalry charges.

3. May 20, 2018 at 08:01

BD – yes.

JS – there are two ways to tell the truth – the nice way, diplomatically, retaining friends – or the other way. I’m just sick up to here of the BS these days, as are many now, so it’s going to be pointed out, just as you’ve done with me.

There’s a time for civility and compassion, something the establishment so want us all to do, to accept this fraudster, and then there are those who will call it, at personal risk of attack.

I’ve always called it. As for smart-arse, that’s the end product of cynicism when it’s confirmed. I agree it does not come across well.

Why do it? Frustration. Because the alternative is smug, complacent and/or deluded acceptance of something which is just plain wrong.

James, if you go back to Wills’s and Kate’s wedding, I was supportive, because they were not personally trying to hoodwink as this pair are, with the repugnant politics they’re shoving down our throats and don’t dare criticise.

The only politics in W’s and K’s wedding was about Princess Pippa’s derriere. She acquitted herself well yesterday, by the way – the protrusion was in a different place.

4. Chuckles
    May 20, 2018 at 09:10

“nor about that hot gospeller anti-Trumper drone”

What the bishop said to the actress?

5. Ubermouth
    May 20, 2018 at 09:12

Given the defunct title(and county,no less) dusted off and given to Harry and the Great Pretender,along with the crumbling,ugly house,not to mention no tiara(but a skimpy bandeau) and no royal jewels to adorn that neckline,I think Harry has been put firmly in his place.
    I think taking the tact she did,making the statement she did forcing her African American culture into such an old,British,royal institution was a bit of an affront.Typical chav!
    It also shows that Meghan is not as smart as she thinks she is,does not know British culture at all,and is way out of her league.
    I am sure that the only person amused was Al-Fayad(bless his socks).
    I felt really sorry for Harry.I think he was no more than her prey who will be duly spat out when she realizes that he has been ‘sent to Coventry’,with very little seen or heard of from them, the role ‘Diana 2.0’ remaining firmly with Kate.
    Two years seems to be her limit,so that is as long as I give them.
    Sad,as I think Harry is besotted.
    She did look beautiful though(as did her mother) and I loved the dress.
    I did like the inclusive wedding but she way overshot the mark.

6. May 20, 2018 at 09:19

fos:

Another issue is it takes many people, including me, a long time to process all the ins and outs, yeas and nays. Most people, it seems to me, are essentially evenhanded unless something specific has happened to make them very anti-something.

Some things I see straight away – but increasingly with age, it’s taking me a lot longer and having to read trusted sources on a topic first.

• fos
      May 20, 2018 at 09:33

Exactly. There are always more than two sides to every issue. The cavalier in me wants to point out how well Meghan had done so far in her career, at least compared with the loonies in the rest of the family; the grumpy old bastard sees it in much the same way as you do.

Then the wedding confirmed all my grumpiness:

• Ubermouth
      May 20, 2018 at 22:04

Although not satisfied with a nod,I guess Meghan should get an extra canape for refraining from planting the American flag on the altar and having the choir break out in “We Shall Overcome”.

7. The Blocked Dwarf
    May 20, 2018 at 09:40

Without wanting to sound as if I know more theology than I really do; the bible makes clear that when a man and a woman ‘leave their mother and father’ and join together , they become a new single ‘being’. Something new is created. Therefore the past, especially the sexual ‘past’, of both man and bride has ‘died’. As have the broken marriage vows of the past (unless we want to be truly catholic about things.).
    If the woman feels she wants to wear white to marry her prince -and especially in the case of a Prince of Bel Airtime, then in this day of effective contraception and DNA testing, who cares if she is technically unsullied? What was really important, what really mattered, wasn’t the state of her hymen but was whether she chose to vow to obey. She didn’t .

• May 20, 2018 at 09:45

BD – I’m so touched, I’m wiping away a tear and am going to make a coffee.

So, basic morality, basic decency in dealings with others does not come down to values, it comes down to new tech today? Interesting.

• The Blocked Dwarf
        May 20, 2018 at 10:00

“basic morality, basic decency in dealings ”

I can see how you could read my comment to mean that , but that wasn’t quite what I meant. Of course new tech doesn’t negate such things- as the bible says (regarding other values I think) ‘against such things there is no law’ and my comment about ‘obey’ should have made it clear how I view the sanctity of the marriage vows, however new tech does make some of …what to call them?…the ‘moral safeguards’ of yesteryear unnecessary.

PS. I too have just made a coffee and now must attend to my lessons.

8. sackersonwp
    May 20, 2018 at 10:00

(3) is nonsense. The Glorious Revolution put paid to autocratic kingship. The Royal Family is now controlled by a shadowy State apparatus which b*ggers things up in its turn from time to time as e.g. in telling Charles who he could and couldn’t marry, hinc illae lachrymae.

I’d like to see a map of the people who manage the Firm behind the scenes – I’d have thought it’s a job you could do, James.

• May 20, 2018 at 10:51

The Royal Family is now controlled by a shadowy State apparatus

Some might say they always were – Welfs.

9. dearieme
    May 20, 2018 at 12:30

The baked beans are a mistake – you can’t taste the fried egg when there are beans there. Keep the beans for Cumberland sausages: a marriage made in heaven. Or even Cornish pasty, though obviously it’s best to have the beans in a separate bowl so that they don’t make the pastry soggy.

It’s an appalling indictment of these degraded times that people don’t even know how to get the best out of baked beans.

• May 20, 2018 at 13:00

I go the sausages and beans route but getting good sausages is the trick.

10. Bill
    May 20, 2018 at 14:48
  11. pete
    May 20, 2018 at 15:40

dearieme – I don’t think you’ll find anything quite like this anywhere – it was shown to me by a landlord I once had in B’ham… egg and Heinz baked bean curry – the half pound of butter may sound dodgy but everyone I’ve made it for has been amazed

12. Bill
    May 21, 2018 at 08:20

Harry and Meghan got married, apparently yet their ‘real names’ are Henry and Rachel which were not spoken by the man ‘doing the service’ so what exactly was going on?

I kid you not have a listen to the service.

13. Ubermouth
    May 22, 2018 at 07:45

you’re right they themselves only used their first names after they had been referred to by all Christian names.

14. May 22, 2018 at 07:54

Aaaaagggghhhh, almost watched it, despite my aim to be the only man who watched none of it.

• Bill