If we’re treading on thin ice, we may as well dance …

Not a reference to ice but to Royal Ascot.  I’m going to pull no punches about these damsels below.  The pics are by various sources at the Wail – by the time I composed this post and went to the Wail for the url, it had gone and become something about Sparkle.

Now, the theme of this post is what is nice and why, what is awful and why.

Nice and why

1. Age truly doesn’t come into it for me – if she holds and conducts herself as a lady, that will do me, thanks:

2. Possibly the nicest there:

3. This one would be the benchmark for most people – young, elegant, nice deportment and smile.  Hair up is a big factor with me:

4. There could be few objections – the outfit, the deportment, the smile, the modesty – another benchmark:

Nice and awful

5. Lady on our left – feminine in her body language, no man woul move like that – she’s OK.  The one on our right – aagghh!!  When I were a lad, I was taught to stand upright, head back, stomach in, smile and speak when spoken to. That’s for a boy, mind, for a man, not for a blinkin’ woman – who needs a sergeant-major woman?

The whole body language of that female in white is wrong – women don’t stand like men, also look at the cynical, me-me-me facial expression – avarice all over it, harsh voice I’d wager, aggressive, look at that clenched fist:

Awful and why

6. It’s not so much the fatness, the porcine aspect of these three.  With the one in the middle – it’s the tattoo straight away – ladies don’t do that.  It’s mainly the aggressive way of walking.  With the one on our right, it’s her masculine manner, at the same time letting her mammaries flop out – the whole body language is bad, so harsh and aggressive and the lovely dress does not hide it:

7. First look at this one below and you’d be forgiven for thinking she’s on the wrong list – clearly a prettily shaped face, hair up, nice outfit, navy is one of my colours but then I looked closely and realized she was not nice at all – pretty, yes but knows it full well and as hard as nails. The instant a woman acts as if she’s full of her own beauty, she ceases being beautiful and that’s me gone.

Then came the photo on our right and just look at that hands-on-hips business – you couldn’t get less feminine than that.  This is a classic case of if she was in eastern Europe, she’d look wonderful.  Here she looks westernised, self-entitled and horrible:

8. I really do strongly object to kids being sexualised, so look at the kid on our right with her open cleavage.  You don’t do that to kids in public!

9. The Muslim effect -really goes well at a race meet, doesn’t it?

15 comments for “If we’re treading on thin ice, we may as well dance …

1. June 20, 2018 at 15:07

My previous comment on certain women and the red flags they present still stands.

2. Mark Matis
    June 20, 2018 at 16:29

For photo 8, if the parents don’t do that, how are the Muslim gangs going to know which kids to “groom”???

3. Doonhamer
    June 20, 2018 at 17:38

Excuse me officer. Could you tell me the time?
    Aye right.
    Whoever thought that baseball caps were suitably impressive for British police?
    Are they forbidden from turning them back to front?
    A few arm tattoos would just complete the ensemble.
    Sorry, missed that. But the other arm is still clean.
    The second poor should not be so close to his mate, also should be walking backwards, to monitor the rear.
    Real soldiers must be laughing.

• Doonhamer
      June 20, 2018 at 17:48

Poor =plod.
      Broody smell cracker.

• The Blocked Dwarf
      June 20, 2018 at 18:40

Real soldiers would probably know the difference between ‘armed policing’ and ‘soldiering’, two totally different things. I’m told ex-professional soldiers don’t tend to make good coppers. Nor are those armed police likely to face the sort of opponents (ie other soldiers) that soldiers train for. I doubt a Jihadi opening up at such an event would be aiming at the armed police (ie entering into combat with them), rather he will want to take out as many innocents as he can before the inevitable double tap. Going up against armed policemen might require some balls….however poorly a soldier might think them, those policemen, trained.

Mind you why our Lords and Masters should feel that we the Sheeple will be quieted by armed Policemen taking their HKs(?) for a walk or ROP terrorists find them a deterrent is somewhat beyond me. As Marseilles proved, bullets don’t do much against a speeding truck and any Jihadi worth his halal salt will have jammed the gas pedal etc so that ,even if by some miracle or exquisite marksmenship they got him in the head….
      Nor , as the IRA proved time and time again, is a police or even army presence much of a deterrent to bombers.

• June 21, 2018 at 02:37

I remember those tail-end Charlie days.

4. Ubermouth
    June 20, 2018 at 18:57

The one place you would expect class is at Ascot,but most ensembles-esp the hats- are atrocious.To me,they always look like entrants in a fugliest hat competition.
    The only ones I liked on this list are #1 & 4.
    I esp love #4.
    And Carol Middleton looks like she’s wearing a bad,vintage tea towel.Mutton,no matter what she wears.She should consult someone,but I’m not sure who.

• June 21, 2018 at 02:21

The one place you would expect class is at Ascot

Might have been true once but given the degeneracy of the English ruling class Ascot today is where you’d expect to find wealthy trash.

5. June 20, 2018 at 19:47

Pippa?

Thank you gentlemen too.

There’s something I can’t quite define, hence I grapple with it in subsequent posts – the obsession is that it eludes me, so close and yet so near.

You say wealthy trash, DforD, I could not possibly comment … but there’s certainly something wrong with many of them.

I notice the ruffians in suits were at it again, breaking chairs over each other and street brawling in the beer tent.

6. CherryPie
    June 21, 2018 at 01:28

With regards to No. 5.

Most fit ladies wearing sensible shoes stand like the lady on the right of the photo. The stance of the slightly curved back of the lady on the left can be attributed to more than one reason. Bad posture, inappropriate shoes or a physical problem that restricts movement in the spine therefore causing the curved back. Osteoporosis is another factor that causes women to have a curved stature. I think the later affects men to, although would have to do a bit of research to be sure about that.

Ultimately curvature of the spine is not physically healthy! Human anatomy is not geared up for standing in that way.

• June 21, 2018 at 02:28

Those are important points and the whole question of shoes is important to women.

I was referring to attitude through features. I’ve seen photos of you and you couldn’t be anything but female. The most disappointing to me was the one in navy.

She ticked every box from the hat to the deportment to the smile to the ruffles.

Then she ruined it with those hands on hips in that in-yer-face, self-entitled way. Someone had dressed her and she wore it well but then she moved and lost it.

It might be a fair criticism to say that we men are not scrutinised to nearly the same microscopic extent and that’s true.

However, I’d submit that this being Royal Ascot, the ladies were ostentatiously there on display, therefore fair game for comment, they would welcome feedback.

Possibly not mine though. All in all, I like N1 best for her no frills “ladylikeness”.

I’d further submit that when a lady does this, it triggers something in a man and he becomes assiduous to her needs. Men are such simple, if often hypocritical creatures.

7. June 21, 2018 at 02:21

My, my: we are critical. The variety in ladies approaches the infinite and jolly nice too. I can be amused by ladies putting cloth plates or flower beds on their heads as long as she is pretty and the plate / bed enhances (it rarely does). Most ladies’ hats look damned silly but I am a chap and have learned not to criticise what women wear. One would be at it all day, otherwise, such is the availability of instances. But, she can stand up straight with chest out and shoulders back, and if she is pretty with nice curves I would not mistake her for a Sgt Maj.

• June 21, 2018 at 02:43

“My, my: we are critical. ”

Well yes, of course, it’s Royal Ascot and the national pastime – this the day for it. 🙂

As I said to Cherie but our comments crossed, those ladies were putting it out there, their very presence was fashion show v the others, cameras were everywhere, the poses were adopted.

Therefore, critical appraisal was the order of the day. [And it’s so lovely the way you’re so supportive of Cherie. 🙂 ]

8. June 21, 2018 at 04:34