10 comments for “The 67%

1. The Blocked Dwarf
    July 11, 2018 at 08:51

As with all such surveys (and I include the ones that constantly show a fall off of ‘Leavers’) the accuracy of the answer depends on how many were questioned (in this particular one I think it was 2k?), who they were and what the question was.
    I fear this current one is part of the prelude/campaign for a 2nd referendum. Make the idea of a 2nd referendum palatable to Leavers…

That said, there is a growing body among Remains who-mirroring comments by Leavers about ‘rather a Norway deal than the Chequers Betrayal’- now openly admit they’d rather a hard Brexit then the Chequers Betrayal.

2. The Blocked Dwarf
    July 11, 2018 at 09:00

Almost a ‘Constitutional’ majority even…of the whole 2k(?) people questioned. But in all honesty , if my phone were to ring this morning and I was asked which I preferred – a Hard Brexit or The Chequers Betrayal, I’d go for Brexit. I’d hate myself for it but that’s the magic of May, she has managed to come up with the worst of *both* worlds which betrays the *entire* country.

3. Bill
    July 11, 2018 at 09:11

Whenever I see the ‘results of a poll’ I hear “our survey says whatever the duck we want it to” and they always do.

• The Blocked Dwarf
      July 11, 2018 at 12:19

and by more pollster entrails reading , 63% think that Trump makes the world a more dangerous place.

• Mark Matis
      July 11, 2018 at 22:28

Please do understand that “pollsters” have massive information about the people they “survey”, thanks to Alphabet and Facecrook and the rest. It’s easy for them to “survey” a group of 1,000 Republicans and get the response that every one of them thinks that Trump is the worst president ever, and that the world would be far better off with Hillary in that office. What they don’t tell you is that they started off with the entire Bush clan, and then surveyed all their Republican friends on Facecrook.

4. July 11, 2018 at 14:42

🙂

5. decnine
    July 11, 2018 at 15:32

It’s the Annual Survey of Social Attitudes. In 2015, 22% wanted to Leave, 29% wanted to Remain. This year, 36% wanted to Leave, 19% wanted to Remain. See Continental Telegraph.

• The Blocked Dwarf
      July 11, 2018 at 16:07

My bad, they asked a whole 3000 people not 2. If the PTB were basing their referendum hopes on those NatCen results then its no wonder they believed Remain would win.

• July 11, 2018 at 18:04

3000? That many? Didn’t realize it was that large.

6. July 12, 2018 at 04:07

There’s an episode of Yes, Prime Minister in which Sir Humphrey explains to Hacker that you never conduct an enquiry unless you already know what the findings of that enquiry will be. It’s the same with opinion polls. You know the result you want, you make sure that’s the result you get.