Which country?

It has high mountains everywhere and is also landlocked but it is not rich. It isn’t even a nation because its northern neighbour claims sovereignty over it and even claims it doesn’t exist. There is an important religious man connected with it.

This country is constantly living in danger – a geological fault line runs north south across its middle. It has mountains and hot springs and its capital is known for its white architecture and multi-coloured roofs of its houses. It spends half the year under wet snow.

This country is long and sprawls across many islands, as well as half of another big island it disputes with its large southern neighbour. Bombings there have tarnished its image of exotic South East Asia. The wife of its former corrupt President was known for her thousands of pairs of shoes.

It is part of different world regions and yet the language is the same across the nation. It has a famous deep lake and its people are warm and friendly, although they don’t smile publicly. It’s tree is the silver birch.

It ended the Shining Path insurgency, economic activities include mining, manufacturing, agriculture and fishing, it’s an active member of the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation, suffered the Inquisition worse than many other countries.

Has a total prat as a leader, enjoys soy beans.

Suffered the hordes way back when, as did other countries, economy largely based on services, agriculture, and a sizeable industrial sector focused on mining and machine building, uses Cyrillic script.

10 comments for “Which country?

1. Distant Relative
    August 27, 2018 at 18:11

6. The first part is a bit vague – could be many candidates. However, second part… Justin(e) (Castro? See Snopes’s debunk 😉 ) Trudeau 😀

• Distant Relative
      August 27, 2018 at 18:12

Oops – forgot country – Canada

2. Mudplugger
    August 27, 2018 at 20:15

6. How did you find out that Theresa May enjoys soy beans?

3. Distant Relative

Iceland
    Philippines
    Russia
    Peru
    Canada
    Bulgaria [Great Uncle]

Thanks a heap, gentlemen, there were two lurking ladies but they did not put fingers to keyboard here.

6. Toodles McGhee
    August 27, 2018 at 22:32

*Every female in the world at least 40 years and older would know N3 unless they had lived under the proverbial rock! Good ole Imelda Marcos!

*I felt as if I would have been cheating, I knowing of your love for Russian women, er people on N4.

*Canada, Soy Boy…a gimme, N6.

I will put finger to key and get credited when I correctly answer on a REAL challenge.

Obviously, since I have never taken finger to key on your challenges they must be too easy for me!!!!

Riiiight. If you believe that one I have some swampland to sell you. No really, I DO have some swampland to sell you. Takers? Anyone? Awwww.

• August 27, 2018 at 22:43

Er, how much you want for it?

7. Toodles McGhee
    August 27, 2018 at 22:59

Hmmmmmmm that is one I have thunk and thunk about for a while. Er, what do you thunk it is worth?

I will hold a good ole fashioned raffle, I thunk. Tickets, tickets anyone?

We have a Russian lady around here somewhere in the swamps, I am sure. It is very possible she loves shoes and eats soy, James. A happy man you would be. She really doesn’t need all those shoes, really. We walk around with mud between our toes down here in all the muck. That Russian lady, I am shoer, has nicely acclimated to swampy, mucky mud. Hmmmm, sounds like Wahington, the center of the Universe!!! Hey! I have a center of a universe for sell, takers? Anyone?

Comments are closed.