Header madness

S’pose I’d best explain all this. I’m trying to build up a small stock of good header pics I can change every two weeks, only up to about 8 so far.

To tick all the boxes it needs to tick, I have to see it in situ for a few days, across the devices, see how it “sits” and then try another in the queue.

If something in it is wrong, I need to edit it, if it just doesn’t cut it, I need to ditch it – have looked at thousands so far.

13 comments for “Header madness

1. Andy5759
    September 25, 2018 at 21:11

I enjoy these headers. But be careful, you don’t want to be looking at landscapes as if from inside a pillar box.

2. pete
    September 25, 2018 at 21:14

James.. is this any good to you (I’m not easily offended lol).. if it had been a good sky day I’d have been more pleased – but still like it https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=894191004006775&set=a.894191034006772&type=3&theater

3. ivan
    September 25, 2018 at 21:25

What exactly are you looking for, landscapes with/without water (lake), skyscapes, river tumbling over rocks, mountains, sorry no boats. I can do most of those from photos I’ve taken over the years.

• September 25, 2018 at 22:12

Has to be a foreground where we are, familiar things, then in the distance some journey, .e.g. a path or a seascape or a city. Were there a canal and bridge, then beyond the bridge must be some pub or whatever.

4. Rolf Norfolk
    September 25, 2018 at 21:33

If you keep on going on about this you’ll become a Header Gabbler.

• September 25, 2018 at 22:14

“newly married and bored with both her marriage and life”

Now who’s that French character like that too?

5. Wolfie
    September 26, 2018 at 00:37

I like this one, very atmospheric. Rather like dawn at my place.

• September 26, 2018 at 04:15

We’ll keep this one then.

I do agree with Andy though that too narrow [done to keep the text near the top] is too pillarbox.

6. Bill
    September 26, 2018 at 09:12

This chap’s recording of life in Japan in photo’s contains a few that are of use. Start with the ‘prettiest blog photo’s’ tab.
    It is so interesting, for me at least, I can lose myself for hours in his blog.

• September 26, 2018 at 11:04

Ta, shall look this evening though, am run off the feet today with things out there, a rarity and it’s all fallen on today.

7. Andy5759
    September 26, 2018 at 15:51

I wasn’t criticising the narrow field, I rather like it and your choice of images.