Saumon jus de vie

I wanted something vaguely in the rude food tradition, hence the name in the title and those droplets at the front but then realized that a) pringles had nothing to do with that theme and b) rigid puritanism would not stand for it.

So I’m now calling it Pringles de saumon:

Just won an award for this dish – me so proud:

8 comments for “Saumon jus de vie

1. dearieme
    September 4, 2018 at 20:03

We’re having bacon and avocado salad tonight.

2. The Blocked Dwarf
    September 4, 2018 at 20:42

I had Tesco Finest New Potatoes , Tesco Finest Bramley Sausages and some of yesterday’s smoked pork sausage for dinner. Mind you i had to smother the Bramley sausages in HP to counteract the vitamins from the apple-stuff… the potatoes were peeled, not scrubbed, of course and then boiled for an hour in salted water to make absolutely sure the nutrients were killed off along with any bacteria.
    It pays to eat healthy I find.

Dessert? Oh that was an immune system boosting cup of tea strong enough to dissolve the mug and sweet enough to kill a diabetic; opiates and tricyclics. So all the major food groups covered there I think.

• September 4, 2018 at 20:46

Sounds a treat … for someone.

• The Blocked Dwarf
        September 4, 2018 at 21:13

It was indeed- I barely noticed the bits of appley stuff …in this uncertain world it is good to know an Englishman can always rely on HP to make the poisonous almost palatable. God know knows why The Bestes Frau insists there be a source of VitC in every meal…I assume some bit of her psychosis?
        Personally if there is a starch (ie pretend meat) along with two different sorts of real meat then all is kosher (or not depending on how strict one is.)

3. Toodles McGhee
    September 5, 2018 at 13:04

Hey James, since you are an eligible bachelor and all, at your next big fancy party over there in England, I have a party trick for you that will steal the imaginations, the hearts and maybe even the affections of any and all single ladies and I dare say single men, if you are so inclined.

If you take a couple of those Pringles and place them just so between your darling British lips they can look just like a cute lil, ole duckbill. Oh the hoots and hollers you will get!!! It is always good for a knee slapper.

Also, if there is a lull in the conversation the duckbill lips trick is always a good way to get the crowd a’goin. Believe me, I know about how that trick works. People will talk about it for eons!

Once you perform the Pringles chip trick at a soiree, you can be that jus de vie thingy all the time.

4. September 5, 2018 at 15:20

Pringles and salmon — a new entry (entrĂ©e?) in the “Rich Man/Poor Man” category of cuisine.

Next up: Hot Pockets® and foie gras.

5. September 5, 2018 at 16:22

Just what have we got into here?