Ditties

This post is dedicated to Toodles.

Now who was it who wrote that the music we played the other night was too saccharine sweet or something like that? Ha ha, red rag – more of the same, dear reader:

And let’s run this one a third time:

And finally, for a mate who runs chickens and finds himself chasing them most of the time, the old hayseed:

Post navigation

7 comments for “Ditties

1. microdave
    October 17, 2018 at 19:36

I’ve always associated ATCO with motor mowers – I didn’t know they had a record label as well…

2. Toodles McGhee
    October 17, 2018 at 22:42

Well here I am blushing. Thank you for the saccharine.

How did you know I use to dance around to that first song??? And to Alley Cat, while my Mama Nena played???

The second song I do not know, but will enjoy upon waking tomorrow!

The final song, the ole classic, Chicken Feed, is actually one of the few songs I can still play. I could listen to MN play, not play like her.

Gots to have both in the world, the players and the listeners…oh,and the listeners who dance around while they listen. So, gots to have three kinds in the world.

Thanks a bunch!!!!

3. October 18, 2018 at 02:10

I have several Atco 45’s, but I’d have to sift through the collection to remember the artists.

Though when I hear the word ‘Atco’ I think of the visiting the Atco Dragway as a scout, and (vaguely) the ‘Atco Ghost Lights,’ which upon looking into, is some phenomena that occurs on the same road I lived on til age three.

Halloween spirit and all that.

/End digression

4. October 18, 2018 at 06:15

The Music Box gal (one, or several) always astonish me. So much hard work, skill, precision and bone/muscle-ache goes into being that feminine: like men seeking the masculine in the weight-lifting gym or (as was my game) on the assault courses. Bravo, Encore.

5. October 18, 2018 at 08:33

Cheers all.

6. Tim
    October 18, 2018 at 08:37

Thank you for the Bert Kaempfert. A reminder of much, much happier times. I haven’t heard that for donkey’s years. When and why did it all go so wrong?

• October 18, 2018 at 10:43

The other side got in and killed off joy and class.