KNM Helge Ingstad

Learned article on the frigate:

Even more learned article on the frigate, in the original language, complete with cool diagrams as to the mechanical reasons which followed the bridge decisions and even why the bridge decisions failed – note that it was never the fault of the officers:

The real reason:

Will they ever learn?

21 comments for “KNM Helge Ingstad

1. Andy5759
    December 13, 2018 at 12:47

I’m sure that everybody involved covered their delightful derrière by following every word in the three-ring binder on “How to Sail a Warship in Busy Seas”.

2. December 13, 2018 at 13:17

It’s lucky the Norwegians don’t have any actual enemies. But with officers of that calibre I guess they don’t need enemies!

3. December 13, 2018 at 13:21

It’s lucky the Norwegians don’t have any actual enemies.

Apart from the Muslim invaders. An the quislings who let them in. By the way, what nationality was Quisling now?

• December 14, 2018 at 00:14

“It’s lucky the Norwegians don’t have any actual enemies.”

I guess I should have said the Norwegians don’t have any actual enemies apart from the Norwegians!

In fact you could also say that western Europe doesn’t have any actual enemies apart from the western Europeans! If western Europe is destroyed, as it almost certainly will be, it will be their own achievement.

Western civilisation has rotted from within. It’s been eaten away by liberalism.

4. The Jannie
    December 13, 2018 at 14:00

The BBC’s maritime safety output over the years has apparently been wasted. Hadn’t they heard of “Left hand down a bit”?

5. Hugo Last
    December 13, 2018 at 14:19

I dont think the Norwegian Navy can a ffjord to have female sailors

6. Bill
    December 13, 2018 at 15:11

Faked screenshot James,

I did link to the report on a post back in November where the crew are not genderfied but listed as being contributory to the accident.
    I also linked to a tweet from the US Navy which confirmed one of theirs was on the Helge Ingstad but again didn’t go into detail or gender.

But hey don’t let such things get in the way of the message.

The real scary thing is that these thin skinned warships have zero survivability if they were ever in a ‘hot war’.

• December 13, 2018 at 16:16

Nope, not faked, as I did the screenshot. Quite legit and ties in with the actual report.

7. Bill
    December 13, 2018 at 17:35

I will defer and wait until the accident investigators and or the Norwegian Navy apportion blame.

• December 13, 2018 at 17:53

Why? I can tell you now what they’ll say. You’ll not get anything like the truth from those dedicated to perpetuating this bollox. Heavens, man, I thought you’d learnt that they lie.

• Bill
        December 13, 2018 at 18:46

Wots Saturday’s lottery numbers?

This ship hit or got hit by a tanker for reasons as yet unknown. It seemingly turned into a submarine because of incomptence within both the Spanish government owned shipbuilders and the Norwegian government defence ministry types.
        Incompetence, bad practice, poor skill levels, incestuous management, nepotism etc are not gender dependent in my shipyard experience which includes MOD and Royal Navy types.

Everything else including which gender was ‘driving’, navigating, on watch, operating the radar, operating the radio, in command is not yet publically available.
        As ever its what they do that will reveal all not what they say.
        Until they do it we are shooting the breeze and as I said I will wait. You have no need to wait as you have decided.

• December 13, 2018 at 18:57

The river in Egypt is deep and wide.

• Bill
            December 13, 2018 at 19:15

Aww such wit. I am unworthy.

• December 13, 2018 at 21:03

Was thinking, Bill, probably time for a glass of Chrissy cheer, eh? Enough banter for the day.

8. ivan
    December 13, 2018 at 19:10

James, if you are going to continue posting miniscule screen grabs I’m going to need to get a larger magnifying glass.

• December 13, 2018 at 19:18

That was the last of the ones which got through at 400 px. The uploader has now been corrected to 600 px but not on this particular one, as it was scheduled earlier and so got through.

However, there is a thing called Ctrl + and if you press them together, then twice more, it’s readable. Not of course, as policy, but because it got under my guard.

• ivan
        December 14, 2018 at 00:24

I know all about Ctrl + and use it when the whole page needs to have the font size increased. For pasted items I usually use Gotcha to select the relevant area and then look at it in an image editing program (it can be quite enlightening when you blow something up by 1000%).

I was just griping because you had fixed the problem then this one appeared and thought that the gremlins had been at work.

9. Bill
    December 14, 2018 at 11:43

Message accepted, mine host.
    The preliminary report in full and in English, which is handy.

• December 14, 2018 at 14:26

Again, irrelevant. They are simply NOT going to tell the truth. They can bring out as many Official Findings as they like, as with David Kelly and Di, or even the Warren Report but what do they come to?

The truth of this matter, as with the Fitzgerald, as with the Florida bridge, simply goes against what the Narrative demands. It’s so, so difficult for some to get their heads around. I’ve found that many women readily admit the truth of this, rather than the eternally would be chivalrous male.