No Christmas decorations

A Tweeter named Mark Pantano put this up:

Here is how Fox News reported the story:

The principal at Manchester Elementary School, identified by Fox affiliate KPTM as Jennifer Sinclair, sent out a memo earlier this week with guidelines as to what is considered appropriate for classroom decorations and assignments.

Teachers were reportedly told that generic winter-themed items, such as sledding and scarves, and the “Frozen” character Olaf,were acceptable.
Decorations that included Santa, Christmas trees, reindeer,green and red colored items and even candy canes, however, were not acceptable for the elementary school.

The candy canes, according to KETV, were prohibited because Sinclair deemed them to have religious significance. “Historically, the shape is a ‘J’ for Jesus. The red is for the blood of Christ, and the white is a symbol of his resurrection,” she reportedly wrote. “This would also include different colored candy canes.”

“I feel uncomfortable that I have to get this specific,but for everyone’s comfort, I will,” Sinclair reportedly wrote in the memo.

He added:

The good news is that Miserable Little Jenny was placed on administrative leave. The bad news is that she apparently has not been fired.

I want to know who appointed a pretty little SJW millennial to a headmistressship? Who put four out of five women in charge on that Norwegian ship? Why do “modern” men all have wispy little beards and limp handshakes?

Why happened to the natural order?

14 comments for “No Christmas decorations

1. Distant Relative
    December 14, 2018 at 18:49

Never liked candy canes. Prefer chocolate. 🙂

Here’s a Christmas Bonus:

2. Distant Relative
    December 14, 2018 at 18:56

How does Good King Wenceslas like his pizzas?

😉

Deep Pan, crisp and even.

• December 14, 2018 at 23:41

A new one, even after all these years. D.R. you are a star.

• December 14, 2018 at 23:53

Groan.

3. Bill
    December 14, 2018 at 19:41

“Dr. Sinclair was invited to the Elkhorn Board of Education at their meeting on February 12, where she gave them some background information and introduced her family.

Currently, Dr. Sinclair is assistant principal at Hillside Elementary in District 66, a Title I school with over 420 students. She earned her administration degree at the University of Nebraska at Omaha, went through the CADRE program there and went on to earn a doctorate in educational leadership. At her building, she said she does a lot of staff development. She is also an adjunct professor at UNO in the College of Education, teaching an education class to undergraduates.

Dr. Sinclair has also taught first and second grade and served as an instructional coach for teachers of grades K-6 to help them continue

to grow as educators. She said she felt very lucky to be

considered for the position of principal in Elkhorn.

“We live in Elkhorn, and we love Elkhorn schools as parents and our kids love it,” Dr. Sinclair said. “It’s been wonderful.”

Her family includes her husband, Andy, a stay-at-home dad, nine- year-old twins Ellie and Owen, and Gordon, who is three years old.

As a family, they love to travel, she said. Last year, they backpacked across Europe together, staying in Airbnb’s, visiting Scotland, Ireland and Great Britain.

“We love adventure,” she said. “I also love to read. I’m a voracious reader.”

With 13 years in education behind her, Dr. Sinclair is ready and eager to take on the new challenge as principal of Manchester, which has over 500 students.

“I’m thrilled to have the position,” she said. “The community at the school works really well together and focuses on student achievement. I’ m excited to be part of the team.”

• December 14, 2018 at 23:29

Her family includes her husband, Andy, a stay-at-home dad

Ah, there’s your answer to how this situation has come about. A eunuch husband. A family without an actual man.

The Millennials, a generation without men.

4. Bill
    December 14, 2018 at 19:50

Here are the peeps who appointed her to the post.

5. December 14, 2018 at 20:30

Thank you for that – just look at those mad eyes.

6. dearieme
    December 14, 2018 at 22:15

The give-away is the use of the word “appropriate”. If every bugger who used it were hanged high, society would be a happier place.

The US, of course, has a problem because of the Holy Constitution and its ban on Congress making any law “respecting an establishment of religion”. Somehow this modest enactment is turned by dimwits, crooks, and spoilsports into a ban on “candy canes”. It sometimes seems that people are not fit to be trusted with a Constitution.

On the other hand “Historically, the shape is a ‘J’ for Jesus” suggests that the woman is too bloody stupid to be trusted with wiping her own bottom, never mind being top bottom-wiping supervisor for 500 infants.

7. Bill
    December 14, 2018 at 22:41

Found the actual 3 pager earliar but buggered f I can find the link again.
    Anyway here is the text.

Be kind.
    Work hard.
    Keep improving.

Week Ahead Notes: Dec. 3 – Dec. 7
    Monday (12/3)
    Piotrowski and Sinclair at Student Leadership Conference with Students
    10:00 5th Grade MAP
    3:15 JJ IEP (Cuda, Meyer, Sittler, Sinclair)
    Tuesday (12/4)
    Tune-Up: Recess
    7:45 – 8:25 Kindergarten PLC (Wiley’s office) & 5th PLC (Spanish room)
    8:30 2nd Grade MAP
    9-12 Sinclair out at Admin. Meeting
    Wednesday (12/5)
    7:45 – 8:25 2nd PLC (Wiley’s office) & 3rd PLC (Spanish room)
    Flat Sinclairs due back to the office
    10:00 5th Grade MAP
    Thursday (12/6)
    7:45 – 8:25 1st PLC (Wiley’s office) & 4th PLC (Spanish room)
    Flat Sinclairs go home -names called on morning announcements
    November Ticket Lunch
    Last day to return Mitten Tree gifts
    8:30 2nd Grade MAP
    3:20 One School, One Book Meeting in Library
    Friday (12/7)
    4th Grade Field Trip to the Nutcracker
    10:00 5th MAP
    PLC AGENDA This Week: ​ Review Manchester SIP action steps, review/reflection on grade level
    SMART goal and give update on form.
    Upcoming Dates
    Dec. 20 – Winter Service Project with PALs group
    Dec. 21 – End of 2nd Quarter
    Jan. 4 – Staff In-Service
    Jan. 5 – 3rd Quarter Begins
    Jan. 7 – PTO Meeting
    Jan. 9 – Report Cards Home
    Jan. 18 – Manchester Art Show
    Jan. 21 – In-Service Day
    Jan. 22 – Kindness is Contagious WeekThe Holiday Season at Manchester
    It seems that I have stumbled upon a “big rock” that I hadn’t anticipated. ​ I know that you all are very kind and conscientious people. I know all of the things that you’d like to do, have done, want to do are coming from such a good place. ​ I come from a place that Christmas and the like are not allowed in schools, as over the years in my educational career, this has evolved into the expectation for all educators. I have unknowingly awoken a “sleeping giant” with many of you. I apologize for the stress that
    “Christmas/holiday/Grinch/Santa/tree” emails and conversations have caused you. I will do my best to communicate the expectation from here on out, which aligns with my interpretation of
    our expectations as a public school who seeks to be inclusive and culturally sensitive to all of our students.
    I’ll start with what was communicated to the sent to the Manchester staff last year. It remains the expectation.
    Hi Team,
    Today, I was asked some questions on this topic, so I’m sharing this information with the
    entire team. Below is from last December’s Inside Scoop, but I’m assuming something
    similar with show up in this year’s addition. I’ve also included the link to the policy
    mentioned (604.05). If you have questions please come visit with me after having read
    the District’s policy and Administrative Rules and Procedures to Implement Policy 604.05.
    Thanks, Amy
    um/policy-604-05-public-performances-and-exhibits/administrative-rules-and-procedur
    es-to-implement-policy-604-05/
    I feel uncomfortable that I have to get this specific, but for everyone’s comfort, I will.
    Acceptable practices:
    Gifts to students
    Students making gift for a loved one Snowmen, snow women, snow people, snowflakes
    Gingerbread people
    Holidays Around the World – purposeful presentation of information to teach about
    different cultures
    Sledding
    Hot chocolate
    Polar Bears
    Penguins
    Scarves, boots, earmuffs, and hats
    Yetis
    Olaf – Frozen
    Not acceptable:
    Santas or Christmas items (clipart) on worksheets
    Christmas trees in classrooms
    Elf on the Shelf – that’s Christmas-related
    Singing Christmas Carols
    Playing Christmas music
    Sending a Scholastic book that is a Christmas book – that’s Christmas-related
    Making a Christmas ornament as a gift – This assumes that the family has a Christmas
    tree which assumes they celebrate Christmas. I challenge the thought of, “Well they can just hang it somewhere else.”
    Candy Cane – that’s Christmas-related. Historically, the shape is a “J” for Jesus. The red is for the blood of Christ, and the white is a symbol of his resurrection. This would also
    include different colored candy canes.
    Red/Green items – traditional Christmas colors
    Reindeer
    Christmas videos/movies and/or characters from Christmas movies
    When in doubt, ask yourself:
    What is the clear instructional purpose of this?
    Does this item or activity promote a certain belief or religious?
    Again, I know that you all are very kind and conscientious people. I know all of the things
    that you’d like to do, have done, and want to do are coming from such a good place. This I have no doubt of. Please reflect on what you’ve already copied, prepped, and posted.
    I’m hopeful we can avoid the discomfort of me directly questioning something you’ve copied, posted, and had your kids do. That makes me uncomfortable, and I know it doesn’t feel good.
    Signed, The (Unintentional) Grinch who stole Christmas (from Manchester)

• The Blocked Dwarf
      December 14, 2018 at 22:55

*gobsmacked and in some shock*

Sweet Jesus wept, what have our generation/our parents wrought?!

Be kind.
      Work hard.
      Keep improving.

“Be Pure, Be Vigilant, Behave!”

8. December 14, 2018 at 22:46

Goodness.

9. dearieme
    December 15, 2018 at 01:00

Vlad the Impaler was not entirely without merit, I sometimes think.

• December 15, 2018 at 07:29

As with Ivan the Terrible, especially in the town in which I once lived. The memorial is still there on that little island where he camped, just outside the city.