Saturday

Briefly departing from today’s theme:

1. The hellfire club:

2. Radders and the downside of AI:

While we’re there, Suzanne:

3. A bad day in the scroll illuminations department:

4. Meanwhile, the Donald continues to rack them up:

5. A post on greed:

6. Does Capita do anything right besides fail? Maybe boot camp would help?

7. Last but not least, do you need a coffee after that?

[H/T Chuckles and haiku]

17 comments for “Saturday

1. Bill
    December 15, 2018 at 19:27

James.
    I’m off. It’s been a blast and I would like to make a public thank you for having me. Your posts and rants have been interesting and illuminating for which I am very grateful. Come to regard you as a friend to be honest hence this comment.
    Feels like this shit reality is here because we individually and collectively manifest it somehow some way I probably do not comprehend but then again I may be nuts.
    See you on the other side. Stay well.
    Bill

• December 15, 2018 at 20:12

Just had a radical rethink – we do that at N.O. and change course.

An email just now alerted me to a possibility about your ‘departure’, Bill, which makes my own gloominess today irrelevant.

Now if I am the issue, then just ignore this and fare thee well.

If however, it is life and what we blog about, then I’d say, as I just wrote elsewhere, that there is a welcoming community here, such as it is, so don’t dare think of dumping us. 🙂

Time for those of a praying bent to put one in and the rest of you kind folks just wish into your beers that all will be well.

• The Blocked Dwarf
      December 15, 2018 at 20:17

I will miss you and your insights 🙁
      (disagreed with you loads, especially your more ‘freeman of the land’ type comments, but you always made me think).
      Farað nu gesunde and gesælige becumað

• Distant Relative
        December 15, 2018 at 20:31

I’ll miss your insights too. 🙁
        Made me think, which is good. Could see where you were coming from.
        All adds to the rich tapestry of life.

Don’t understand your decision to announce your departure, but it is yours to make and I respect that.

All the best to you and yours.

• Sackerson
      December 15, 2018 at 21:53

@Bill: Hope it just means going off-grid and that you’re OK otherwise. If not, do please say, it’s a hard time of year for many. Best wishes, Sackerson.

• Bill
        December 16, 2018 at 18:09

Hello
        Just popped onto the web to do another round of account closing and here I am, on autopilot a bit, well a lot as the very recent realisation that all this chatter about how crap this reality is feels to me is the only thing keeping it going.

To everyone thanks for the kind comments. One is never too old to blush.

James the e-mail ‘warning’ is mildly intriguing as it didn’t originate from me. When I said ” Come to regard you as a friend to be honest hence this comment.” I meant it.

• Distant Relative
          December 16, 2018 at 18:15

It’s not that damned meteorite is it? 🙂

• December 16, 2018 at 18:17

Seconded. Many relieved.

• December 19, 2018 at 08:48

Honoured that you would say it.

2. ivan
    December 15, 2018 at 20:22

#2 Either PWC are living in cloud coco land or have a very loose definition of AI. At the moment AI is just glorified marketing speak for a computer being programmed to do a repetitive task and all hell breaks loose if something isn’t where it is expected to be and in the required format. There is NO intelligent response from the program, in fact it is very similar to the construction robots in factories but is being applied to office work.

I think it will require a complete re-think of computer processor design – not something that is going to happen in the next 20 years – to even get to first base with designing a thinking computer let-alone one with sentience. If by some chance such a computer program was developed and somehow it became sentient all those hyping AI would shit themselves and do their utmost to destroy it, such is the elite’s fear that they might be replaced.

#3 It is said that those that don’t learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

3. Distant Relative
    December 15, 2018 at 20:34

Came by to leave this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7K_NAE9CAY

“I Never Agreed to This – Globalism and ‘Consent'”

(Neither did I… 😉 )

4. dearieme
    December 16, 2018 at 00:41

Why on earth had Carter and Bush the Elder consented to be photographed with those three bozos? Age, I suppose.

• December 16, 2018 at 01:06

Instructions by their masters?

• Mark Matis
        December 16, 2018 at 13:04

Birds of a feather. One World Government acolytes one and all. Including MANY more: ALL Democrats and all the Koch-sucking Rove Republicans.

May they all soon burn in hell for eternity.

5. Old Peculier
    December 16, 2018 at 07:04

Bill, I don’t post that much, have enjoyed reading your comments. Sorry to see you go, I’ll raise a glass to you;)