Interesting Tuesday topics [3]

1. Big slip daddy or Pink slip daddy?

Little deuce coupe had an interesting history as a song – the main thing was they had to get in someone who knew about cars and the drag racing at night on the outskirts of town and so the lyrics were penned.

One line is the subject of debate – one version has it as ‘pink slip daddy’ and another as ‘big slip daddy’. I thought this covered the debate fairly well:

As you might gather from the heading, I prefer the big slip daddy explanation and that made me think – I wonder how many remember the limited slip diff?

Hmmmmm, listening to it again, it does seem like ‘pink slip daddy’.

2. This is two topics in one:

The one on the left I replied to: “Get knotted.”

The one on the right, I was thinking – hmmmmm, if we play our cards right, we could get them all to resign and put in some good people.

9 comments for “Interesting Tuesday topics [3]

1. grumpy
    June 11, 2019 at 10:02

Pink slip makes more sense if you refer to the movie classic Grease where the race between the T Birds Greased Lightning and the Scorpions Hell’s Chariot was for racing for ‘pinks” i.e. ownership papers

2. decnine
    June 11, 2019 at 10:22

Misheard lyrics is a huge topic. In the BeeGee’s ‘How deep is your love’ I was certain that they sang ‘.. and she comes to me on a submarine..’

• Chuckles
      June 11, 2019 at 13:22

Gladly, the cross-eyed bear.

• Distant Relative
        June 11, 2019 at 17:28

Oats, Cinnamon, where you gonna run to?

3. Mark in Mayenne
    June 11, 2019 at 11:12

Well if the visitors didn’t leave any rubbish there wouldn’t be any to pick up.

4. microdave
    June 11, 2019 at 11:35

“I wonder how many remember the limited slip diff?”

Many years ago, on one of my motorcycle trips to the Lake District with my father, we encountered a chap tackling the Hardnott Pass – in a V12 E type Jag!!! Hardly the obvious choice for hairpin bends on 1 in 4 gradients. Thanks to the long wheelbase, and heavy lump at the front, the inside rear wheel would be well clear of the road surface, and it was only the limited slip diff sending power to the other wheel which got him round…

• June 12, 2019 at 02:12

I did that road in a motorhome back in’98.

No grief.