1. And so London continues its hellbent desire to become the UK’s 3rd world nation within a nation – did you see that invader say she was not English, just a Londoner?
2. Eaton Rapids Joe draws our attention to the question of the unpleasantries between our nations some centuries ago and the American cousin side still harbours some grievance there.
No matter, all friends now … or are we? Joe outlines the case through chosen names. He notes:
Insanity is to make the same mistake and expect a different result. I called it to your attention because Brexit can be viewed through the lens of avoiding a repeat of the Northern Ireland troubles, but with the London being the center of violence rather than Belfast.
As recently as 1979 the Irish rebels killed Lord Mountbatten with a bomb. Surely memories are not that short.
3. Might be his dream but it’s not mine:
Like most Americans, I dream of a world where I can find a delicious, freshly cooked meal, 24 hours a day, with no human interaction whatsoever. No awkward small talk. No resentful teenagers adding onions to your order when you specifically ask for no onions and then they’re just like, “Oh, sorry.” No human foibles, fumbles, or foul-ups. Just cold machine logic serving up hot food. It’s a beautiful dream, but until now it’s been limited to the realm of science fiction. Is it finally within our reach?
4. Just bought some carrot cake cookies and wanting to keep them all to myself, perhaps I should have bought one of these babies:
5. Interesting piece on a German POW who escaped and then lived 40 years here under an alias:
6. Lightly kill, then … more on police incompetence.
7. Lastly, getting down to the important things, it’s astounding how beer can work miracles:
[H/T Chuckles and haiku]