July 16th, 1969

One small step for (a) man.

The Wail tried the old “sham” quote on today before admitting the context – that it wasn’t nearly as clockwork as they made out.

I also saw the footage of Aldrin punching someone about whether they’d actually gone to the moon.

Did they go? I’m quite line ball about it, 50/50.

I’ve an idea to put. The imperative was to win the space race, right? The promise had t be fulfilled no matter what.

You’re in Kennedy’s enclave in 1961, say, he asks for any ideas. Someone comes up with Kubrik. Kennedy thinks let’s have that as a fallback, a failsafe but we’ll try it for real as well.

Therefore, though some footage is fake, the better shots, the actual event occurred. How does that fly?

Another – they knew the tech was not available on time … so they borrowed some.

19 comments for “July 16th, 1969

1. Heltau
    July 17, 2019 at 03:09

I always wondered who set up the camera to film all that stepping off from the LIM? That is why some people do not believe we went to the moon.
    It was good that we went to the moon or we would not have all the electronics that we have now. Let alone Velcro.
    Heltau

• Captain Fatty
      July 17, 2019 at 17:24

Heltau

There was a camera attached to the landing leg next to the leg with the ladder. The camera was fixed so it pointed towards the ladder. Armstrong had to pull a chord to activate the camera before descending the ladder.

Cheers,
      Captain Fatty

2. July 17, 2019 at 03:53

Just finished “The Cassandra Project” by Jack McDevitt.
    Above average alt-history about moon landings.

3. fos
    July 17, 2019 at 06:45

Every one of the major conspiracy theories I have stumbled over (I’m not an expert and know nothing about any of them) falls at the first hurdle: how did ‘they’ keep this a secret?

When any conspiracy involving more than three people leaks almost immediately, how can conspiracies that require the cooperation of multiple agencies in multiple countries ever remain secret for longer than 30 minutes?

So if you think NASA faked the moon landing, then the first step of the theory is to tell us how the thousands of people who were involved stayed schtum (for 50 years). Including, of course, the other countries such as the USSR and the UK who were monitoring the signals from the probe.

• James Strong
      July 17, 2019 at 07:16

You could make the same point about the idea repeatedly put forward here that the world is controlled by Them, or alternatively by TUA.

4. July 17, 2019 at 08:39

Loss of position, direct threat to self or family, having seen what can happen to them, loss of kudos for having been a hero, now reduced to co-conspirator in a shoddy scam – wives’ adoration of hubbies, the reverse – there are many secrets go to the grave with people.

An example of someone who waited till his death bed was E. Howard Hunt, whereas LBJ took it to his grave.

And if they do show signs of telling – the trusty Boston brakes and pistes await. Followed by flat-out official lying. NIST after 911 for example, called out by the firemen.

If the person is a fervent believer, that also provides great incentive to stay shtum. You’re helping the Great Cause.

For the record, I’m more pro-landing than yesterday, which was 50/50, which is not to say there are not anomalies, not that what I think matters in the firmament but it’s just a statement.

True coincidence wrecks it all too, and what of Act of God?

1981 – Congressman Larry McDonald calls for comprehensive congressional investigation of the CFR and Trilateral Commission. Congress is urged to investigate these organizations.

1983 – Larry McDonald is killed along with 268 other passengers on Korean Air Lines (KAL) flight 007, shot down over Sakhalin Island in the Sea of Japan.

5. fos
    July 17, 2019 at 09:15

Few people are fervent believers – just think of the cash and kudos for blowing the whistle on the moon landing.

But the USSR shot down KAL-007. Someone managed to steer them – and keep it quiet? And the plane was just at the right place and the right time to be shot down? The pilot, co-pilot, engineer on a suicide mission? The US spyplane in the vicinity just to wind up the Russkies? There are surely easier and cheaper ways of spiking a congressional investigation than getting the USSR to down a passenger plane.

BTW: I still think, in general terms, they are out to get us – just don’t have as much confidence in their competence as you do…

It reminds me of the Diana assassination theories – we’ll fire up the fiat panda and take her out when she’s in the tunnel.

• Distant Relative
      July 17, 2019 at 11:00

Read Jon King’s book “The Hidden Evidence” – free download here on this page:

Might make you go hmmm – or not 🙂

• July 17, 2019 at 12:58

Can’t download. It shoves a panel in your face requiring email and password, then with that done, starts wanting your credit details and address. No way!

• fos
        July 17, 2019 at 13:01

Thanks DR – I’ll have a look at that. Looks like a major read, though 🙂

Just seen James’ comment – now I’ll never know…

• July 17, 2019 at 13:08

Might not demand it of you, only of me on the ipad. Try it.

• fos
            July 17, 2019 at 14:15

I visited them using Tor: the download site would have seen me as a visitor from the USA.

It seems they are operating out of Jakarta in Indonesia, but that may just be a blind.

You note the malevolent effect of the HTTPS protocol: because it is encrypted people think it is ipso fact legit. But they hide their owner and their server location is obscure.

It would, of course, be completely illegal for DR to pass on his PDF – I would certainly never suggest doing such a thing…

6. fos
    July 17, 2019 at 13:23

It’s not just you, James – they are out to get me, too:

“In order to read or download eBook, you need to create FREE account.
    eBook available in PDF, ePub, MOBI and Kindle versions”

This brings out my inner conspiracy theorist: no thank you (a life of spam otherwise).

• July 17, 2019 at 13:52

Perhaps it’s because DR is in France and we’re here.

• Distant Relative
        July 17, 2019 at 15:24

Nope. Sorry gents! I just tried it and got same results as you two. I was mizled by the “read on-line” and the free account. Thought it was like the archive website – my bad!

I read the physical book years ago then lent it to someone and as often happens never got it back. It is still available to buy I think. Anyhoo, it is a good read. If I find a safe way to access it I’ll let you know.

• July 17, 2019 at 16:26

Time to have a sip of coffee, lie on the bed and watch.

• Distant Relative
        July 18, 2019 at 07:34

I’ve just listened to the RIR interview as a refresher. I’m adding Di to the Clinton death count – Angola was the clincher.