- “The assailants asked the Christians to convert to Islam, but the pastor and the others refused.” So “they called them, one after the other, behind the church building where they shot them dead.” — World Watch Monitor, Burkina Faso, May 2, 2019.
- “When the next wave of violence begins to hit us, will anyone on your campuses hold demonstrations and carry signs that say ‘We are all Christians’?” — Rev. Bashar Warda, Archbishop of Irbil, the capital of Iraqi Kurdistan, in an address delivered in London.
- ” [A] new form of persecution is on the rise—Christian girls are being targeted by Muslim men… Influential leaders are literally training young men to target Christian girls to impregnate them”… “[T]hey’re forced into marrying that daughter into a Muslim family…. Once girls are married into the Muslim families, they’re often cut off from or abandoned by their families and they face even more difficult circumstances. In some cases, girls are the second or third wife of their persecutor and they have few freedoms.” — Mission Network News; Lindsey Steele; May 22, 2019. — Indonesia.
- “The mob began shouting outside our home asking for our family to exit our home and receive divine retribution for our sin. It did not seem very divine—we just saw raging evil violent people ready to kill us.” — British Pakistani Christian Association; May 21, 2019 — Pakistan.
2. Meanwhile, let’s look at the other enemy. Yesterday there was a video clip on Twitter which showed schoolkids about 5 sitting in lines in what was probably the school gym or hall and putting on the show were two naked women of around 30 and they were having sex in front of the kids who had no choice but to sit there.
My mate pointed out that by not speaking out, I was abetting that. The problem was that it was so nauseating – everything about it – that apoplexy was replaced by wanting to throw up.
First question is how those two women, even SJW gays like them, could have no moral compunction whatever. Second question is about the teacher who made them sit there, the kids. Third was about the head teacher – where was she? She needed to be in prison and drummed out of the service, never to work again with any of the public.
The last question was about the tweeter, a conservative, who thought that was OK to show across people’s timelines.
President Trump apparently can’t decide whether he wants to be a nationalist for 2020 or a conventional GOP candidate. This internal battle was in full display this week.. The crowd at Trump’s Greenville NC rally spontaneously chanted “Send her back!” in response to his attack on Ilhan Omar (D.-Minnedishu). Trump seemed to appreciate it—but then appeared to disavow it the next day [Trump blames his supporters for echoing his racist words, by Zach Ford, Think Progress, July 18, 2019].
This epitomizes Trump’s dilemma: the crowds want the old Trump, not the post-election Trump controlled by Javanka. At least (not for the first time) Trump seemed to be backing away from his advisers by week’s end.[Donald Trump defends rally crowd that chanted ‘send her back,’ calling them ‘incredible patriots’, by David Jackson, USA TODAY, July 19, 2019]
[H/T the crew]