Perspectives Ensemble

Judson Memorial Church, NYC, July 8th, 2012.

The seven D strings reference, I read, was to fiddles tuned to DDAD, plus one for Molly.

‘Stimulus funding’ – don’t know why that was said defiantly.

That piece is very special to two people I know – both for sad and musical reasons.

One puzzle to me was the young woman in black in glasses sitting at the end of the row on our right facing the ensemble, she seemed thoroughly bored. Strange.

This was composed in the 80s about the tragedy of Civil War and apparently was used in the interlude of a PBS series on the Civil War:

11 comments for “Perspectives Ensemble

1. dearieme
    October 9, 2019 at 21:55

I’ve abandoned that first youtube because it’s just some verbose American blethering. Did they ever get round to playing?

• October 9, 2019 at 23:32

Very well in fact. 🙂

Patience is a virtue (2:07).

2. Toodles
    October 10, 2019 at 08:42

It is a good thing Professor Perfect abandoned the first piece which I, the gauche American, really likes. He obviously would not like it. So please no one listen.

I will admit there was way too much talk before the music. However, having initiative like all Americans do, while waiting I got my dishes done, canned some peppers, added a codicil to my will [Dearieme does not receive my vintage 98’s collection of rare jazz pieces/20’s and pre 20’s. Instead my neighbor’s painter receives each precious one…he had much initiative IMHO to load his truck, in the wee hours in total darkness, with several works of art, her silver, her 19 year old daughter and an old Victrola.]changed the cat litter and the liner in the bird cage, which is the only time I miss our local newspaper/rag….except the rag got so bad that Pete and Repete would not ‘go’ on it. Poor things….they were good while they lasted…kaboom!, wrote my Christmas cards before they are illegal to buy and send, cleaned the trout I had caught while waiting and will presently saute it in my old iron skillet I had just reseasoned while using my initiative while the blithering blithering blithering went went went by my fellow American, added another codicil returning the collection to Dearieme because the painter is under the county hoosegow for an undisclosed amount of time, but will withhold his, DM’s, hundred thou in stupid American dollars, but having initiative I actually had those dollars trasferred into pounds now back to dollars, and finally… I gave myself a hair permanent, called a Toni, which was on my ‘bucket list’ [why is it called a bucket list?] now I must do a Keratin treatment. FYI..do not give yourself a permanent if you already have curly locks.

Next on the list…give James a permanent! But not DM…too pompous and his head is way too big!

• Distant Relative
      October 10, 2019 at 09:21

[why is it called a bucket list?]

It’s a list of things you may long to do before you “kick the bucket” i.e. shuffle off this mortal wassisname.

3. October 10, 2019 at 09:39

Well, I think that all went down well. 🙂

4. Bruce Charlton
    October 10, 2019 at 17:02

[why is it called a bucket list?] It’s a list of things you may long to do before you “kick the bucket”

I think the *correct* answer is that I want to vomit into a “bucket” every time I hear the phrase.

• Chuckles
      October 10, 2019 at 19:09

It’s what people say when they read the contents.

5. October 10, 2019 at 20:07

It’s certainly taken an interesting turn, this comments thread.

6. Toodles
    October 10, 2019 at 20:47

Well now, I have copied by hand, in indelible ink, the poster ‘Leave the EU Free and Clear, ‘ with each point, on the outside of my mop bucket. It is a good reminder and looks nice. Initiative. No big deal who uses it anyway, riiiiigggt?

It appears that the actual deal you may be getting would appropriately qualify for the contents of the bucket as described by BC every time he hears the term ‘bucket list’. I am down wit cha, bro.

Reading the contents of the actual deal inside the pail as described by Chuckles will be equally revolting.

Chuckles your wit doth make me laff!

• Chuckles
      October 10, 2019 at 20:51

One tries, ma’am, one tries.

7. Toodles
    October 10, 2019 at 21:05

Hee hee! You do not go unnoticed, nor are you underapprectated.

Best get back to not mopping.